Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fly RRF E3 TMC2209 UART Z axis only goes up

Posted by Bermit 
Fly RRF E3 TMC2209 UART Z axis only goes up
January 18, 2022 11:42AM
Hi,
I was testing my new own made 3D printer and I came across this weird issue. When I try to home (I'm using bltouch) or move z axis, it only goes up. I looked up related cases with same problems, but every one of them is just badly plugged cable or not having inverted the motor. I've tried everything and still no luck. Does somebody have an idea what could possibly be wrong? I've also attached my config.g file, so you can view it and see if something is wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g.txt (4.6 KB)
VDX
Re: Fly RRF E3 TMC2209 UART Z axis only goes up
January 18, 2022 11:49AM
... most likely not homed and inverted polarity of the Z reference switch (or not recognized).

Try to get the status of the switch with "M119" ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 18, 2022 12:07PM
It spitted out this:
Endstops - X: not stopped, Y: not stopped, Z: not stopped, Z probe: not stopped
The bltouch is recognized and it functions.
VDX
January 18, 2022 01:13PM
... hmmm ... other output than mine firmwares, but should do.

Can you measure voltage level of the Z-DIR pin? ... especially, if it changes, when changing the moving direction?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

January 18, 2022 01:17PM
I can but I don't want to short anything so which pin should I use as a ground?
VDX
January 18, 2022 01:27PM
... there are enough GND-pins around - look into the pin-out of the board ... every one would work ...

Viktor
--------

January 18, 2022 01:42PM
Ok, so I measured the voltage on the X stepper DIR pin and Z stepper DIR pin. X when idling has 0.58 and when moving 1.38 and 0.3. Z when idling has 0.51 and also when moving. It seems like there is nothing coming to DIR pin on Z. How can I fix that?

EDIT: SOLVED. It was relatively simple. I swapped the Z and E stepper driver and it turned out, that the Z stepper driver was faulty. Anyways thank you for your time and effort to help me ADX. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2022 02:28PM by Bermit.
VDX
January 18, 2022 03:14PM
,,, you're welcome! smileys with beer

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login