Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen7 1.2 Firmware lost?

Posted by danx3 
Gen7 1.2 Firmware lost?
August 18, 2011 03:00AM
Hi! thaks to all for the support.
I'm just finished my reprap prusa mendel and need to configure for my step configuration, Z-Axis-prusa and other stuff smiling smiley
I've Noticed sometimes when my Gen7 V1.2 firmware boots, no runs at all. Led for motors doesn't lit. , reprap program can't communicate... then need to reflash/refirmware for work again.
Sometimes doesn't wanna reflash and one time kill other 644p sad smiley
This issue happend in twice 644 and one 644p chips.
Have a little ATX power supply from an old via epia pc 80w.
When boots, all looks runs fine (motors, heater, optos, temp) and can move, test.....
That happend with or without motors plugged, so i think isn't a supply fault problem.
This can be a fuse issue (raise vcc) like v1.3 to v1.3.1?
TIA
Re: Gen7 1.2 Firmware lost?
August 18, 2011 06:56AM

This can be a fuse issue (raise vcc) like v1.3 to v1.3.1?

Yes.

Simply follow the v1.3 to v1.3.1 upgrade instructions, these should also work on a v1.2.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 23, 2011 04:14AM
Thanks Traumflug.
If change the efuse to 0xFC my pcb is in a reset loop (motor leds on by 2 seconds... off by 2 seconds... on by 2 seconds... )
Tested with my little epia atx power supply and a 500w desktop power supply also with same result sad smiley
August 24, 2011 06:35AM
There are no motor LEDs on a Gen7.

If you get constant resets, something is pulling down the voltage. Also commonly known as "a short".

August 30, 2011 05:07AM
Thanks. I'm really "conFUSEd" about this. I'm understand is for prevent raise voltage but i cant find where can be my short sad smiley
My gen7 1.2 pcb looks runs fine: was able to print new vitamins and a lot hours working before for testing with efuse FF value.
Just now, make my second pcb. This time i made a 1.3.1 gen7 pcb with other fresh 644 and looks runs fine too but if i use 0xFC fuse instead 0xFF, loop reset in this pcb again. sad smiley
When do a voltage tests, find 5.00v in ATX+5V (red wire) and 4.50v in ATX5vStandBy (purple wire) while pcb with firmware is running. Tested deatached connector and pin 5vSTB gives 4.50v (directly atx24 connector)
Tested 4.52v on atmega pins.
So, i cant understand why 5vSB pin give only 4.5 instead 5.0 moody smiley need bigger capacitor? sorry i'm not proffesional
August 31, 2011 04:28AM
Looks like your power supply isn't in the best condition. As you obviously have a programmer and can re-upload the bootloader at any time, using the 0xFF extended fuse is fine. At worst, you corrupt firmware or bootloader when switching the voltage supply off. Re-uploading the bootloader heals this.

Also, you can try an intermediate step: extended fuse 0xFD.

August 31, 2011 05:44AM
Thanks, yesterday was test 0xFD fuse and looks fine now.
Tested several times power off/on and no firmware or bootloader corrupted smiling smiley
I tested another working ATX PSU and gives 4.5V +5vSB pin !!! 3 of 3 sad smiley
Thanks again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 05:45AM by danx3.
September 01, 2011 06:36AM
Glad to see it working. Picked up this on the wiki page: [reprap.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login