Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup waiting for temperature

Posted by jhaubold 
Teacup waiting for temperature
July 08, 2011 04:34PM
I just downloaded the latest Teacup firmware, and it seems to be randomly waiting for the extruder temperature. Printing with PLA, that is of course disastrous, as large puddles of plastic form where it's waiting. I haven't fully troubleshot it yet, I also turned on firmware retract at the same time. The wait cycle seems to happen randomly. When it was running through pronterface, I had happened to leave monitoring on, and the temperatures reported never went below the target value of 200. It seemed to start waiting around the 203 deg point. Additionally, while it was waiting, the heater didn't actually turn on! (I have hardware monitoring of the power to the heater).

I don't have a chance to fully troubleshoot it right now, I should this weekend though. Any thoughts before I get started on it though?
Re: Teacup waiting for temperature
July 08, 2011 06:46PM
what lines of gcode do you think this is happening in?
July 08, 2011 08:20PM
if your temperature goes higher than setpoint + hysteresis (as well as lower), it resets the "temperature good" flag. if it's stabilising above your setpoint, you may need to increase your hysteresis or tweak your PID factors.

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
July 10, 2011 06:21PM
Thanks triffid. All it needed was a bit of PID tweaking. I had actually overlooked the fact that PID was turned on, I had noticed my heater cycling like bang-bang would, and just assumed that's how I had it configured. (I've tried one too many firmwares apparently)... I do have to say, Teacup seems to be the best Arduino firmware out there right now. You guys have done (are doing) a great job with it.
July 10, 2011 06:45PM
thanks for your kind words! Hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login