Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sprinter w/ Gen6 heater/thermistor issues

Posted by Buback 
Sprinter w/ Gen6 heater/thermistor issues
August 01, 2011 02:01PM
I've been using plain old 5d since I began printing back in january, but figured it was time to move to some new firmware.

trying out teacup and sprinter.

Sprinter is easier to set up and get working, all except the Gen6 heater and thermistor. when in repsnapper, i click "turn on heater" but the led on the board doesn't turn on. I also don't get any temp readings. I thought it was repsnapper, so i installed pronterface (why not printerface? much better name, imo. copyrighted?) and at least i get temp readings, but when i try to get the heater running it still won't turn on

any suggestions?
VDX
Re: Sprinter w/ Gen6 heater/thermistor issues
August 02, 2011 02:01AM
... check the assigned pins and MOSFET outputs for heater and bed - i'm using only Q3 (nearest to the 12V-plug) for switching the heated bed, so the one for the extruder heater should be on the other side ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 02, 2011 04:00PM
Do you mean the jumper pins on the board, or the ATMega644p/firmware pin assignments?

I'm reasonably sure it's not the jumper pins, since it works with 5D (and now with teacup, which i've installed in the meantime).

Just so I'm clear, the jumper pinout silkscreen on the board says 1- temp 2- temp 3- heat 4- heat. i have a wire connected to 1, to the thermistor and back to 2, and a wire connected to 3, to the resistor in the heater block, and back to 4.

I question my ability to wire electronics correctly, since others have gotten sprinter to work, but I'm hoping that isn't the issue.
August 16, 2011 12:05AM
must have just been me. probably F'd up something, 'cause i re-downloaded it and started over and it's working now.

ah well. case closed, human error again...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login