Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Helium Frog Firmware

Posted by martinprice2004 
Helium Frog Firmware
December 29, 2011 05:27PM
I am just working on a chopped down version of the Tonokip / Hydra-mmm and thought I should share it with the community.

The working principle is keep it simple, so I removed all the SD card support which many don't use and removed all the "options" which make the software complicated and difficult to understand. I will try to simplify it still further as there is still a lot of variables declaring variables declaring variables, but its stable now and runs well. To use the firmware you must have the following on your machine:-

1) Three mechanical endstops
2) Thermistor heat monitoring on extruder and bed (They are separated out into two lookup tables)
3) Be able to type in pin numbers for your ramps model (currently set at V1.2)

I would welcome any feedback and areas where I can reduce it still further without loosing the key features. Firmware link below.

Helium Frog Firmware
Re: Helium Frog Firmware
January 03, 2012 02:53PM
Why not fork Marlin instead and then contribute your changes back to the main firmware? There are already a bunch of good firmwares out there, and improving something that's already widely-used will probably result in more adoption than creating yet another fork that few will ever hear about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login