Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scissor lift z-axis firmware change

Posted by suxfevi 
Scissor lift z-axis firmware change
January 11, 2020 02:06PM
Hello everyone, I am currently designing a "pocket 3D printer" that I can put in a briefcase and carry with me.
I am working on the design and I will try my best to fix the "flex" issue that this printer might have.
However the only thing that I can't figure out is the firmware change.
As the movement won't be linear, the z-axis steps/mm will have to change as the z position changes.
Currently my firmware has this, where the 3rd value is the z-axis steps/mm: #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 80, 80, 400, 401.2 }
The "400" needs to be changed into a function which has the current Z position as the variable.
So here is the question: how do I call the Z variable in Marlin?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Re: Scissor lift z-axis firmware change
January 11, 2020 03:42PM
suxfevi
Hello everyone, I am currently designing a "pocket 3D printer" that I can put in a briefcase and carry with me.
I am working on the design and I will try my best to fix the "flex" issue that this printer might have.
However the only thing that I can't figure out is the firmware change.
As the movement won't be linear, the z-axis steps/mm will have to change as the z position changes.
Currently my firmware has this, where the 3rd value is the z-axis steps/mm: #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 80, 80, 400, 401.2 }
The "400" needs to be changed into a function which has the current Z position as the variable.
So here is the question: how do I call the Z variable in Marlin?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Can you write down this function(Z) ?
Anyway, you can put such a function as a value in a #define

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2020 03:47PM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login