Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino IDE falling across it's own feet

Posted by Traumflug 
Arduino IDE falling across it's own feet
November 09, 2012 01:23PM
Some few people can't compile Teacup firmware with Arduino IDE, because the IDE behaves differently than expected:
core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Users\...\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\Gen7\cores\arduino/main.cpp:11: undefined reference to `setup'
C:\Users\...\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\Gen7\cores\arduino/main.cpp:14: undefined reference to `loop'
What's happening is pretty clear: Arduino IDE doesn't see the main() in mendel.c, but the main() in it's own library instead. Has somebody else seen this and perhaps found a way around this behaviour?

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: Arduino IDE falling across it's own feet
November 10, 2012 09:41AM
For future readers this turned out to be I had misunderstood the instruction and had created an extra folder 'teacup_firmware'
rather than renaming the firmware folder 'teacup_firmware' - must match filename 'teacup_firmware.pde' sorry if its obvious winking smiley
November 11, 2012 08:29AM
Thanks, dave584. To be more precise, Teacup_Firmware.pde has to be inside a folder named Teacup_Firmware. At least in case sensitive file systems, it's case sensitive.

December 13, 2012 01:39PM
Hi Guys !

Having a hard time with this, can you explain me how to deal with ? My Teacup_Firmware.pde is in a folder named Teacup_Firmware but I still have that same error going on :-/
December 13, 2012 01:43PM
Nevermind ... thanks ^^
December 14, 2012 06:33AM
Hmm. I should really go ahead and solve this issue. *grumble*

August 31, 2014 08:01PM
I am experiencing the exact same issues, namely the teacup firmware wont compile and the following errors are displayed:

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\Gen7\cores\arduino/main.cpp:11: undefined reference to `setup'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\Gen7\cores\arduino/main.cpp:14: undefined reference to `loop'

I am new to this and am probably missing something but have triple checked the file name against the folder it is in, tried an older arduino ide,copied the gen7 support packages into the arduino hardware folder again just in case but with no other outcome. Any ideas as to what it could be?

Cheers!
September 01, 2014 03:53AM
You should follow the "Simple Installation" instructions on the wiki page. Especially the part with renaming the folder properly.

September 01, 2014 02:13PM
Traumflug
You should follow the "Simple Installation" instructions on the wiki page. Especially the part with renaming the folder properly.

I found my issue - I previously dragged and dropped the Teacup_Firmware.pde file into the IDE. It worked when I went through the File -> Open... process. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login