Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Firmware 0.82.2 + Gen7 1.4.1 + Delta printer

Posted by kolergy 
Repetier-Firmware 0.82.2 + Gen7 1.4.1 + Delta printer
May 06, 2013 01:12PM
Dear all,

This a bit a newbee question, I am building a Rostock like delta printer controlled by Gen7 1.4.1 (Atmega 644 @20Mhz I expected the little overclock of the gen7 could be beneficial on a delta where controller speed is an issue)

Since the Repetier Firmware (V0.82.2) which seems the most advanced for delta printers I tried to install it. I started to set the configuration.h and uploaded it to the board with no problems.

When I run Repetier host (V0.56 OSX) It says Unknown Firmware. The strange thing is that if I change back the type of printer (#define DRIVE_SYSTEM 3) to cartesian (0) It recognise the firmware fine and I'm able to move the Steppers.

- Dose anyone had similar Issue?
- Would there be an incompatibility between the delta mode & the Gen7?

I'll continue to give it a go but in parallel I will try the mdified Marlin.

Thanks for your feedback

Kolergy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2013 01:13PM by kolergy.
Re: Repetier-Firmware 0.82.2 + Gen7 1.4.1 + Delta printer
May 07, 2013 08:41AM

- Would there be an incompatibility between the delta mode & the Gen7?

Very unlikely. An electronics drives stepper motors and that's it. There is no hardwired preference for one printer geometry or another.

That said, Repetier has its own forum section, you might get better answers there: [forums.reprap.org]

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 07, 2013 01:00PM
Thanks Traumflug,

I reposted the question there.

By the way I sucessfully installed the Johann's modified Marlin but had some Brown out reset issues as with the Reptier-Firmware. I have found a temporary fix on this forum [github.com]. At the end of the post it is mentioned that changing the L1 self from 100 to 10uH seems to solve the issue on the Gen7 1.4.1. I hope it will work as well for Repetier.
May 19, 2013 04:34PM
It looks like the 644 has not enough ram for the delta printer mode. That mode works different to the marlin methods to get the smooth prints in delta mode. Unfortunately that requires some more ram then normal printmode. Use a 1284p instead and everything should work.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login