board no communicating with software
May 17, 2014 02:59AM
Hi there
I needed some advice and help on these:

1)I am currently working on the mendelmax 1.5 machine.The installation part is all complete however the board (RAMPS 1.4) do not communicate and respond to the input signal thus i cant print anyting.
I followed all the setup instruction but when i run the program in my compiuter and there is no response on the axis movement what so ever.
2)what does the mean temperature error means?

I am hoping someone will hep me out here.
Thanks

Regards,
Harsimran
Re: board no communicating with software
May 17, 2014 08:41AM
To check communications, fire up a serial terminal, like PuTTY, CoolTerm, GtkTerm and connect with this to the serial port. After a reset of the electronics, you should see some text including the word "start" written.

Then you can send commands, like M105 of M114.

With all this working you can be sure the controller side works. Whatever issues are left, they're on the host side.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 21, 2014 04:36AM
temperature error meant that If you are using marlin FW and you are not connecting your temperature sensor wiring correctly in the right pins the software will not connect to the printer as a safety in the marlin and a message about the Temperature will be shown that the highest temperature is triggered then connection shutdown as a result so if i were you i would check the connection of the sensor again of the extruder and the hotbed.
May 23, 2014 03:01AM
Thanks a lot guys..i have resolved the problem
smiling smiley

Regards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login