Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino Leonardo

Posted by merplerp 
Arduino Leonardo
October 01, 2014 07:15PM
I've recently purchased an Arduino Leonardo, I've got a reprap set (steppers and sensors and such).

Before putting anything together I wanted to install a firmware for the Arduino Leonardo to see if it could speak to ReplicatorG or Pronterface, so I google'd for firmwares for the Leonardo version. It appears that it use some other chip making the marlin firmware unfit.

I am a pretty good programmer and I wouldn't mind sitting for a couple of weeks making my own code, my only issue is the start, being seen by pronterface or replicatorG (while using the Leonardo). By being seen I mean that the communication is set up between the software and the leonardo, leonardo can send serial information to the software and vice versa.

I did look at pronterface and replicatorG's website.. but woaw, they were pretty useless when it came to the firmware (or I'm a very bed detective, or I'm tired).

TLDR; I want a 3D printer firmware for my leonardo -> or <- to simply be seen as a 3D printer by pronterface / replicatorG

-Derp
Re: Arduino Leonardo
October 02, 2014 05:02AM
I think you need to look at teacup. It supports the Atmega 32u4 on the leonardo + it compiles for less than 32kb flash. Marlin and others don't fit in 32kb flash.

[reprap.org]

Jesper
October 02, 2014 05:12AM
Not sure wether Marlin fits into 32 kB flash and also not sure wether it supports these USB-equipped ATmegas. Teacup Firmware does both of this. Starting with config.teensy.h (has the same ATmega, IIRC), then adjusting pin numbers.

While investigating, please send commands manually. With PuTTY, for example. Pronterface also has a "Debug G-code" in its menu. All these graphical hosts act on their own, so they often also mess up in case a controller doesn't behave the way they expect. ReplicatorG is well known for this, Pronterface is more relaxed in this regard.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 02, 2014 07:06AM
Thanks a lot for sending me to the right direction!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login