Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis problem

Posted by sveno 
Z axis problem
May 30, 2016 11:24AM
I have a problem with homing on the z axis. When I run the z axis in manual mode speed is as it should be but when I press Z home the speed is almost 0 and the two drives do not run parallell. I have Marlin firmware Mega 2560 R3 Ramps 1.4 and TMC2100 drivers. Switching drivers does not change any thing nor changing to another driver type. The other axis work as they should both in manual and in go home mode. Suggestions any one.
Re: Z axis problem
May 30, 2016 01:52PM
Two Z axis steppers on one stepper driver? Then it can't be the firmware at fault.

In case you have wired them in parallel, rewire them in series. Wiring in series guarantees the same torque on both steppers and gives more current ( = more torque), at the cost of maximum speed (which isn't that crucial on the Z axis).

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 30, 2016 03:57PM
Yes this would work if the problem was torque

But as they work 100% correct in all other modes except Z homing then this will not help.

Please more ideas
May 31, 2016 06:03AM
If both steppers are on the same stepper driver it can't be a firmware issue. That's physically impossible. Firmware sends only one step pulse out to the driver. Everything behind that can't be influenced by firmware.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 31, 2016 05:23PM
Why do they run at "normal" speed and power when I run them manualy and at snails pace so slow and no power when I push they Z home button?

That is the problem if I was unclear first. Both z drives run the same manualy but at z home they are out of power and speed. That is the reason for out of synch.
May 31, 2016 05:23PM
Why do they run at "normal" speed and power when I run them manualy and at snails pace so slow and no power when I push they Z home button?

That is the problem if I was unclear first. Both z drives run the same manualy but at z home they are out of power and speed. That is the reason for out of synch.
June 01, 2016 05:39AM
What software are you using to do this?

I noticed a setting in Repetier Host which controlled Z speed separately from other motion, and on mine was horribly slow.
June 01, 2016 02:29PM
As You I have repetier host and Marlin Firmaware.

I have searched but I nust have missed the adjustment you metion. Where can I find it??
June 03, 2016 10:58AM
After much searching thinking swearing etc I have now identified the problem. It is an unstable driver in relation to my computer/windows 10 32 bit. After reloading everything all worked fine for about 10 minute then it started to drop the connection to my ardunio. I have used different USB boards different ardunio different RAMPs all have the same problem. So my PC does NOT like Ardunio. I am now going back to Windows XP se if that is the fix.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login