Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup on a Repstrap

Posted by Arvin 
Teacup on a Repstrap
February 25, 2011 09:15PM
Hi, all.

I've got all my repstrap's xy and z axii moving with the arduino's stepper test code. Now I'd like to try Teacup.

Don't have the extruder or any end stops hooked up. Have three arduino's with 328P's and three 168's chips too(took them out). Fun Toys! smiling smiley

Copied the .dist files to the same named file without the .dist and hooked up all the step and dir pins to what I think are the same pins as in the config. But...If I send G1X25 the Arduino monitor says ok but nothing moves. I'm presuming the end stops need to be turned off and/or the heater needs to be off or ignored.

Way too many files to wade through but I'm trying. Already spent about 3 full days digging(getting no where).

Any suggestions about what do I need to do to try the firmware with the above limitations?
Re: Teacup on a Repstrap
February 25, 2011 11:39PM
I develop on a '328, worked for me last time I tried it. you can use any pins you like, although it's helpful if the heaters are on PWMable pins.

Check that your stepper drivers are enabled, and check that you haven't swapped step and dir!

Currently the endstops are ignored unless you send G161/G162 or enable ALWAYS_POLL_ENDSTOPS in your config (this is a new option)

If you punch in a long move, does M114 show the counters increasing, or does it jump to target straight away?

are your steppers almost impossible to turn by hand when you're testing?

enable DEBUG in your config, have a play with the debug options, see if you can glean any information as to what's going on

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
February 26, 2011 04:13AM
For stuff your RepStrap doesn't feature, simply comment out the pin in config.h and the corresponding code will go away.

If you're not sure about the pins, you can simply try. A stepper motor moves with a signal on just the STEP pin, so initiate a looong move, like G1 X100 F25 and hop with the stepper's STEP pin from contact to contact until the thing springs to life. Oh, and Teacup has a little bug which delays the very first command after a reset, so hit Enter twice on your keyboard.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 26, 2011 07:48AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a try.

Press enter twice? Must be a hidden "feature"! winking smiley

Arvin
February 26, 2011 08:39AM
Traumflug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, and Teacup has a little bug which delays
> the very first command after a reset, so hit Enter
> twice on your keyboard.

I thought that was my bootloader

Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
February 26, 2011 09:47AM
I have fubar'ed the download or I'm using the wrong distribution.

Can somebody give a link to a working dist?
Thanks
Arvin
February 26, 2011 05:15PM
[github.com] master branch

Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login