Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware for "students"

Posted by onekk 
New firmware for "students"
August 23, 2020 10:23AM
Hello to all, I'm not active on this forum, but I'm quite active in the italian forum, so sorry for my bad english.

As in Italy has emerged some difficulties in configuring recent firmwares mainly due to the plethora of board, displays and mechanics.

Actual firmware aren't very readable, so There ia project to fork MK4duo an italian developed firmware to make it lean and easy to manage.

Anyone is interested in helping to develop and testing this firmware?

Main goals are:

-- support only Arduino Mega 2560 + RAMPS and MKS GEN v1.2 - v.14 as they are cheap and are owned by some partecipants.
-- suport only two type of displays, REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER and REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER, as they are cheap and widely available.
-- support only cartesian and coreXY and variants mechanics (No delta and scara)

Why MK4Duo and not Marlin, because of mainly two things:

-- More paramaeters saved in eeprom and that could by changed simply using Mxxx code and stored in eeprom
-- the way it handles the termistor tables, using a slightly semplified version of the Steinhart-Hart forumula that permits to define a user sensor and change the calculation rules using a simple:

* M305 - Set thermistor and ADC parameters: H[heaters] H = 0-3 Hotend, H = -1 BED, H = -2 CHAMBER, H = -3 COOLER,
* A[float] Thermistor resistance at 25°C, B[float] BetaK, C[float] Steinhart-Hart C coefficient, R[float] Pullup resistor value,
* L[int] ADC low offset correction, O[int] ADC high offset correction, P[int] Sensor Pin

This the stock code, for simplicity and readability, the H = -3 COOLER option that is thinked to support a cooler for a CO2 laser has to be removed in future.

On GitHub there is some preliminar work at:

[github.com]

Three branches:

master a (hoping) working version
development a development version that compile
dev-display the version I'm modifying now to eliminate the plethora of display conditionals in the code, that lead the code to be almost "unreadable".

Regards

Carlo D.

P3Steel - MKS GEN v1.2 e REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER + Gen 7 MOSFET (HotBed) + alimentatore step-down 12V -> 5V
Firmware MK4duo 4.3.6 con ABL induttivo con LJ18A3 - Slic3R (Originale) ed ESP3D per controllare la stampante da remoto.
HotEnd Cinese V6 clone con ugello da 0.4mm.

[My Building Log]
VDX
Re: New firmware for "students"
August 23, 2020 12:26PM
... could be a drawback, to focus on the 16Bit-Mega2560, while most others switched to 32 Bit ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login