Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Firmware and Host

Posted by repetier 
Re: Repetier Firmware and Host
April 01, 2012 12:37PM
I've doublechecked the board. No bridge or other problem found.

Program resets in Extruder.cpp on line:
ADMUX = ANALOG_REF; // refernce voltage

If I set this reference to "0" or internal 1.1V and 2.56V, it works, but when I try to use AVCC as reference, then it stuck and reset here.
April 01, 2012 01:00PM
That makes sense. Here is what the AVR Specs say:

If the user has a fixed voltage source connected to the AREF pin, the user may not use the other
reference voltage options in the application, as they will be shorted to the external voltage.

0 means using the voltage at AREF - if you have 5V there you can use this.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
April 01, 2012 01:24PM
That is what I do not understand. Because the pin is only blocked by 100nF capacitor from ground. No other connections. If I use 2.56V, I can measure 2.55V on AREF pin as expected, the same with 1.1V. But I do not understand, why using AVCC, which should be 5V is problem, when other internal options are working. Maybe be damaged chip?

So I made fix wire connection between AREF and VCC and set reference as external source. This should do the job and resolve this problem.

Thank you for help.
April 02, 2012 04:57PM
Hi zusammen,

Erst einmal ein großes Lob an repetier für die gelungene FW und Software.

Nun bin ich mir nicht sicher ob das der richtige Threat ist, aber ich frage einfach mal:

Ich habe einen Prusa LMU8 mit 3er Fillament und 05er Extruder von Wolfgang und Heatbed.
Soweit ist alles bestens bis auf eine Sache:

Mein Problem ist nicht das drucken mit der Repetier FW+Host Software sondern, eine ganz banale Funktion, das Heatbed, wenn ich das Heatbed (welches unter sjfw und pronterface richtig funktioniert) nun mit Repetier betreibe und
den richtigen Configuration.h Anpassungen an Ramps 1.4, geht nichts.
Alles andere Extruder, Druck Positionen etc. gehen wunderbar, nur eben das Heatbed spinnt. Komischerweise zeigt es auch keinerlei Temperaturänderung an, obwohl die richtige Tabelle vorliegt für den Thermistor.
Kabelbruch oder auch vertauschen ist ausgeschlossen, da alles mehrfach nachgemessen wurde.
Nun wirds komisch.... Das Heatbed schaltet sich an, wenn ich 2 mal Z +1 oder +10 manuell betätige und geht auch nach mehreren Änderungen der Z Achsen Position wilkürlich wieder aus.
Nur eben mit dem Software Button für das Printbed und deren Temparaturanzeige geht nichts...

Nun bin ich etwas ratlos.... kann mir jemmand Tips für die Fehlersuche geben?

Beste Grüße und Danke
April 03, 2012 03:06AM
Hi,

yes the better forum is the Repetier forum reachable from the main forum directory under software.

Anyhow, I think you made the most common mistake. Also mentioned in configuration.h it seems not clear enough, so many have had the same problem, you are not allone smiling smiley

You only need to set
#define HAVE_HEATED_BED true

If you need non standard pin assignments for the sensors, you need to do this here:
#define ANALOG_INPUT_CHANNELS {TEMP_0_PIN,TEMP_1_PIN}

What I think your error is, is changing
#define HEATED_BED_SENSOR_PIN 1
which is not the pin number, but the reference to the array in ANALOG_INPUT_CHANNELS where the pin numbers are definied.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
April 03, 2012 02:08PM
Hi repetier,

thanks for the fast reply, next time in the right Forum i promise.
It seems, that I changed the #define HEATED_BED_SENSOR_PIN 1 and this cause all the trouble.
Now the Heatbed and Thermistor work correct.

regards and thanks for your help.
April 08, 2012 09:20PM
I have two install/setup issues with RepetierHost and was wanting some ideas to help resolve it please.
The host seems to work with stl parts and skeinforge v50 and generate G-code but I cannot view any build graphics in the G-code visual editor right window except for using the test case included with the program. The test case seems to appear and work just as advertised. Also strangely the internal Slic3r gives me an error when I try to generate G-code. I was planning on using skeinforge anyway, I was just running through features to test the system did work, and I do not know if it is related to my primary issue with the lack of display of builds. I figure the root of the issue is likely admin error (mine), but that does not help me much at this point, I could use a hand. I am running Fedora 16_64 Linux and followed install instructions until I got to the ia32-libs which is no longer supported in the repository, but RepetierHost seems to work in every other way. I do not have a working printer finished yet to test printing on though. The first error screenshot attached, note the error window and the (only two) red text lines in the window at the bottom, the second is a manually edited and reduced length G-code (full code in window), but no build layer shown as an example. (python 2.7 selected in settings) Thanks in advance,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2012 09:34PM by rrr7.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot at 2012-04-08 18:11:07.png (144.4 KB)
open | download - Screenshot at 2012-04-08 20:11:26.png (152.1 KB)
April 09, 2012 03:05AM
@rrr7 Some quite simple problems as it looks.

The Slic3r binaries are 32bit and need the 32 bit libraries. If you don't have them installed it will not work. You can install the Slic3r source files plus the needed libraries and use it as external slic3r. It is plain perl plus some external perl libs that are required.

The problem with your skeinforge output (I guess it was) is, that it didn't contain any extrusions only movements. You need to activate Dimension in Skeinforge. Make sure you selected Absolute Extrusion Distance there, otherwise you will still see nothing.

If you have still problems, just ask.

April 15, 2012 11:02AM
Thanks repetier,
You were right, I did not have skeinforge set right. Now I have read through that manual too, and am seeing prints.
The Slic3r perl 32 bit libs issue I will put off until I feel the need to go through that.
I really like your RepetierHost interface, it has great features!
I saw in another post of yours about Arduino v1.0, does your firmware require Arduino v1.0? or will v.0022 work?
I was having compile errors on firmware v.45, now I will read through v.61.
April 15, 2012 11:26AM
rrr7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I saw in another post of yours about Arduino v1.0,
> does your firmware require Arduino v1.0? or will
> v.0022 work?
> I was having compile errors on firmware v.45, now
> I will read through v.61.

It works with both, but in the last time I only use Arduino 1.0 for development. Depending on your board you need to do some modifications in the core as described there to get it to compile with Arduino 1.0.

The latest AVR compiler on some linux distributions is less tolerant to PROGMEM statements, requiring a const in its definition. With 0.52 I added these const definition to get compiled with linux. 0.61 has some more, so if I forgot one drop me the error message and I add it.

April 24, 2012 03:48PM
sorry, reposted to repetier new forum
[forums.reprap.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2012 04:06PM by rrr7.
July 09, 2013 10:20AM
Hello I am not using reptile host because is missing basic staff like continuously displaying the temperature when is not printing. setting the extruder and print-bed temperature is nor easy to set as default.When start printing waits for print-bed then for extruder to heat up way not both in the same time? Cud also extrude some mm of filament before printing as option.
I am still using printrun printer interface because is the faster way to do printing.Reptile is very attractive as is displaying very nice the objects and do rotations etc but not good in the fast usage.Thats is bad. Its has very nice look so ... fix it please.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login