Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis repeating same movement

Posted by TLane 
Z axis repeating same movement
March 04, 2012 05:21PM
Everything was working with my printer, but when I updated the firmware from Marlin 001_7-11-12 to Marlin 1.0.0 RC1 my z axis took leave of its senses. The z axis is still able to be jogged through Pronterface, and during the print it is moving at the correct times. The problem is that each time the z axis moves, it also moves the same amount back down.

Here is the process that is going on. Layer 1 prints perfectly. Z axis moves up to print layer 2. Z axis moves back down to layer 1. Layer 2 is printed in the same space as layer 1. Repeat.

I am running Gen 6 electronics with Slic3r and Pronterface. Any Ideas what might be causing this?
Re: Z axis repeating same movement
March 04, 2012 09:29PM
I looked through the g-code, and I think it looks alright. The z values are going up the way they should. I have attached a simple example of it to this post. The code is written for a 5mm x 10mm x 10mm extruded rectangle. The final z value in the g-code is 10.305, and this is just what I would expect.

I have gone through calibration procedure described at [richrap.blogspot.com]

All the axes are moving the same amount that they are told to when I manually jog them.

Thanks in advance for any tips anyone can offer.
Attachments:
open | download - 5mmX10mmX10mm test box_002.gcode (31.5 KB)
Re: Z axis repeating same movement
March 05, 2012 06:15PM
it sounds like it might be similar to an issue i had with relative/absolute coordinates after one firmware update. Check that the slicer and firmware match, i.e. absolute to absolute, relative to relative.

marlin, if i recall, has an absolute option for each axis.
Hi

I have the same issue. Did your solution work?

Thanks
Dom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login