Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing problems

Posted by RollingRZRZ 
Printing problems
March 09, 2012 02:47PM
Ok I have been having problems with my prints lately and I don't know what is causing it. The problem is about half way through a print it stops and the print head shifts over a little and continues printing. I have tryed differnt slicing programs and firmwares and it still does it. I attached a picture of what i am talking about.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
thanks
Attachments:
open | download - Bad Print.jpeg (16.8 KB)
Re: Printing problems
March 09, 2012 03:06PM
RollingRZRZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

There's lots of different things that can cause this. At least:

* Belt pulleys slipping on the motor shafts
* Belts jumping over teeth on the belt pulley
* Motors skipping steps because of too little current
* Motor drivers skipping steps because of overheating due to too much current
March 09, 2012 03:40PM
Thanks for the reply. I will check all those things and see if that works.
March 09, 2012 06:07PM
Ok I have checked the belts and they are not slipping and are fine and the motor seem to have the right current and are not over heating. when it skips its in the x and y axis at the same time. I cant seem to find what is causing it
March 10, 2012 01:03AM
which firmware are you using? IF its an old version of marlin (0.9) it was known to have buffer overflows if printing too fast which caused an issue simular to this. Otherwise it could be a communication error, I used to have a skipped step(s) when the computer hosting it would lag for a split second.

March 10, 2012 03:57PM
I was using marlin .9. I have been trying to get marlin 1.0.0 working but i keep getting errors about lcd pins and card reader while trying to compile it. I have ramps 1.2 and dont have an lcd or card reader. Dose any one know how i can disable those or a fix to this problem?
Thanks.
March 10, 2012 05:25PM
I cant for the life of me get 1.0 to work for ramps 1.2 either. I have however managed to print well with 0.9.9, what is the speed you are printing at? what braudrate?

March 10, 2012 05:39PM
My BAUDRATE is 250000 and my speed 30 to 60 mm/s. I am going to try 0.9.9 and see if that will work for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login