Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FDM Reprap kit Support

Posted by CdnReprap 
FDM Reprap kit Support
October 27, 2010 03:25PM
Update 2/16/2011 :Kindly note Botmill is no longer distributing our FDM reprap kits.

Hello Everyone

This post is for support for those who have purchased my FDM Reprap kit directly from us or when it was being sold at Botmill.com

Kit questions please go to the Q&A post in the general forum.

Thx
Dan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2011 04:36PM by CdnReprap.
Re: FDM Reprap kit Support
November 12, 2010 12:58PM
Its good to see all those kits sold to date must be running smooth...not a peep in here
November 16, 2010 04:10PM
The BotMill machine isn't a Mendel. You won't get support for it here.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
November 16, 2010 06:36PM
How is this not a mendel? :

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
November 16, 2010 07:33PM
Nudel,

I think NewPerfection was referring to LaserCut_Mendel.

Which is also part of reprap, and which we also support. smiling bouncing smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
November 17, 2010 04:46PM
Absolutely, but I think CdnReprap was referring to the one printed with a stratasys.
Anyway, it's a brilliant idea for the developer-entrepreneurs to use the reprap forum/wiki for support, and I mean this in a entirely positive way. The user knowledge and helpfulness is superb, and it centralizes the information which benefit us all.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
November 18, 2010 06:31PM
I would really like to buy this but a I have a concern about Botmill's reputation on purchase order processing.
November 19, 2010 12:13AM
Sorry, I was thinking he was talking about the laser cut version. I was saying that he wouldn't get support in the Mendel machine variations forum for it, not saying he wouldn't get support on the RepRap forums in general smiling smiley

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
November 19, 2010 07:35AM
Oh, my bad. Apologies.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
January 28, 2011 06:41PM
UPDATE: Kits are no longer exclusive to Botmill.com, the kits are now available for purchase directly from the source

Thx
D
January 29, 2011 02:29AM
What's the website?

I bought the assembled version with electronics from Botmill back in November. I wish that I saw this forum message while I was trying to make it work. I'm happy to say that it's now working well on one of the projects that I had bought it for. I realized as soon as I received the kit that it was a mistake to buy the assembled kit. Although the parts were of good quality, the people who assembled it did a very poor job. It was put together to look good, but it was not even close to being functional! The frame nuts and bolts were mostly loose, many washers were missing and the wrong nuts were used in many places. A lot of bearings wouldn't turn because they were either missing washers or had the washers installed so that it rubbed against the bearing. It would have taken the same time to work with the unassembled kit since I had to literally take apart or tighten about 75% of the nuts and bolts.
January 29, 2011 09:57AM
Brnrd

Glad to know your up and running, a website is in the works.

Botmill is assembling the machines for their customers so I havn't seen the build quality from them.

Regardless where you got your kit, I'm here to help and my first priority is to ensure whoever buys my kit gets the help they need and happy start to printing.

Thx
D
January 29, 2011 10:37AM
I should say that the printed parts are of high quality. But there were some things that look like either glue on them that was difficult to remove. Whoever assembled it, didn't even remove the glue in places that prevented parts from mating properly. The other issue was that the bed was warped: It was higher by a couple of mm in the middle than at the sides. I told Botmill but never got a replacement. I didn't pursue it further since I'm using a heated bed from Prusa instead which I don't want to mount on aluminum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login