Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pulley Issues

Posted by HereIgoAgain 
Pulley Issues
February 01, 2011 10:29AM
Hearing the horror stories associated with grinding flats on stepper motors, I hope to be able to opt instead to use the alternate pulleys with set screws (included with my reprap parts I bought) . However, when experimenting with the motor and pulley on my x axis I notice that in order for the belt to run true I have to either lift the motor by ~1cm or put the alternate pulley on backwards (ie. the geared part of the pulley facing the motor). Any suggestions ??

thanks in advance
Re: Pulley Issues
February 01, 2011 10:42AM
I though the geared part of facing the motor was the right way?

[www.reprap.org]

Look at step four.

The adrian mendel drive pulley doesn't have a rim, so you must not mean that one?

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
February 01, 2011 10:59AM
i kinda like when i can put it on with the set screw away from the motor body. then the "shoulder" of the pulley acts as a fender, preventing the belt from shifting.

I can't do it with the y axis, because the motor bracket is so thick, the set screw isn't over the axel. (not really sure why it's made so thick. of course to support the motor, but why not a bracket for each side of the motor?)
February 01, 2011 01:21PM
Thanks for the advice...yea and step 4 from those instructions due indeed appear to suggest that they go on that way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login