Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z belt rubs back of extruder

Posted by AndrewD 
Z belt rubs back of extruder
March 22, 2012 03:18PM
As per the topic, I'm getting my Prusa built and changing from V1to V2, I'v just got the new plastic parts to take the bearings and it's all together and square (I hope!), however I still have the original wades extruder.

The problem is that the T2.5 (or any belt) rubs the back of the stepper for the extruder, this gets worse near the motor.

Looks like the stepper needs a few packing washers under the bolts but is that going to fatigue things as it's a heavy item?

My other option is to turn the whole extruder and use the ofset holes, unless I've missed something?

Pretty desperate to crack on with building, but keep hitting these issues confused smiley

See pic...

[i44.photobucket.com]

Andrew

Based in Slough, United Kingdom
Re: Z belt rubs back of extruder
March 22, 2012 03:32PM
Hmm.... looking at the pics of the TV group Prusa with bearings the extruder is fitted backwards to the visual instructions and probably has more clearance!thumbs up

All part of catching up I guess, at least I'm not backwards on the carrige or I'd have to strip the whole lot to change the bearings over (whew! eye popping smiley )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 03:34PM by AndrewD.
March 22, 2012 04:04PM
It just misses on this picture: [www.thereprapkitstore.co.uk]. That is with the V2 X ends and the same extruder you have.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 22, 2012 08:10PM
Your link look broken?

On their front page they have....

[www.thereprapkitstore.co.uk]

Looks like they hit the same issue!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 08:11PM by AndrewD.
March 23, 2012 04:41AM
My link goes to the same page as your link.

Yes it looks like it has to be rotated clockwise.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 23, 2012 04:50AM
Looks like that's what I'll have to do.

On a happy note, your motor mount was taken into school by my son yesterday took about 2 hours before I got a phone call from the (insert whatever poncey name they have for woodwork/metalwork these days) department, pretty much foaming at the mouth to find out how to buy one. When told they are 'built' I think he thought I was pulling his leg!
VDX
March 23, 2012 04:51AM
... the link triggers a "403 forbidden" with:

You are not allowed to access this page. Possible problems:

Missing index file
Misconfigured mod_rewrite settings in .htaccess
Authentication Failure
Incorrect file or folder permissions

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 23, 2012 04:53AM
Mine or Nopheads?

the whole site is:

www.thereprapkitstore.co.uk
VDX
March 23, 2012 05:15AM
... this were with both links.

But seems to be solved now ... or maybe interesting behaviour with cookies - when I've first clicked on your links, there were every time the 403-error ... but after calling the main page www.thereprapkitstore.co.uk both links show the image confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login