Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop acting like wrong side. Extruder moves extremely slow.

Posted by cashman04 
Endstop acting like wrong side. Extruder moves extremely slow.
July 15, 2013 01:28PM
I just got my prusa mendel i2 together this weeked, and am running in to a few small problems. The first is the x axis endstop. I have it on the right side, but when I move the extruder to the right, and to the endstop, it doesn't stop it. It works if I put it on the left side, but according to directions, it should be on right, correct? I had the same problem with the Y axis, but it was completely inverted, so I inverted it via the configuration, and it works correctly now. Z axis works fine.

And my extruder turns extremely slow. I have adjusted stepper voltage and nothing changes its speed. I have checked and it turns fine by hand, so it isn't bound up. Any suggestions on what to try?
Re: Endstop acting like wrong side. Extruder moves extremely slow.
July 15, 2013 02:55PM
Ok I have a i3 and I would expect not much difference with envelop on x mine is on left, extruder motor prob slow cos if what e_step settings are in firmware

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
July 15, 2013 04:01PM
I guess I was just looking at the instructions wrong. I'll leave it on the left side.
Below is the movement settings from my firmware that is currently loaded. It says that it is at 45 mm/sec. Yet when I hit extrude 1 mm, it takes a good 3 or 4 seconds at a very slow speed till it stops moving. Could I have blown a stepper motor or driver somehow?

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------
//// MOVEMENT SETTINGS
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------
const int NUM_AXIS = 4; // The axis order in all axis related arrays is X, Y, Z, E
#define _MAX_FEEDRATE {400, 400, 2, 45} // (mm/sec)
#define _HOMING_FEEDRATE {1500,1500,120} // (mm/min) !!
#define _AXIS_RELATIVE_MODES {false, false, false, false}

#define MAX_STEP_FREQUENCY 30000 // Max step frequency
July 15, 2013 07:09PM
The rate of extrusion is set by the steps of that motor. Did you calibrate your extruder and enter a value into your firmware? if that isn't set for your machine it could appear that your extruder is running too slow or too fast.

I use this to calibrate the extruder. [richrap.blogspot.com]

Richrap also has several other excellent posts/tips on his blog.
July 16, 2013 01:26PM
I haven't completely calibrated it yet.. The hot end I got with the mixshop kit was pretty cheap, and didn't mount to my extruderbody very well. I should be getting my all metal hot end in today, so I'll put that on later and calibrate it. I did jump the min steps up from 300 to 700 as a test, and it is moving at a faster(not seemingly slow/jammed) speed.
July 17, 2013 01:02AM
To have any success at all you need to calibrate it with the parts you intend to use before you try to print anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2013 04:07PM by vegasloki.
July 18, 2013 03:27PM
That is where I am now. I gave up on the cheap extruder. Now just waiting for 3mm filament to arrive.......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login