Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

heat bed just stoped working confused smiley

Posted by pdavg 
heat bed just stoped working confused smiley
July 24, 2013 06:39PM
OMG HELP PLEASE !!!!!

I have no power at heatbed.
I was succesfully printing items for last two days and without warning something went wrong.
My electronic is Sanguinololu 1284p with Marlin firmware.

Power supply is PC power unit giving out 12v @ 15 amps

Printing well and very pleased with my Prusa i2 and then lost power to my heatbed. After hours of testing I found a short in the wire from my electronics and my heatbed which I have now corrected. Tested power from my boaurd and was getting 11.7v reading until I connected the heatbed then power just stopped.

So fault on heatbed.... Got new bed with LEDS already fitted.... No power...
So to test the bed i connected this directly to the 12v power supply and it heats up like a dream.

Also if I set my temp for the bed to 60c in pronterface and click set the bed stays powerless but my hotend heats up until it reatches max temp set in fireware.

Am lost anybody have a clue whats wrong..... I would be most greatful for help....
Re: heat bed just stoped working confused smiley
July 29, 2013 05:04AM
I read in one of the readme files for the Sanguinololu board that the traces to the heat bed on the board are too small for you to pull any serious power through them without hurting the board. You may have fried a trace. I use a power relay on my repraps, they use the control board to just turn the power to the bed on and off, while the relay draws its juice strait from the ATX power supply. Because of that my control boards don't have to lift as much of the weight.

I have one of these boards but never printed with it. PM me if yours is toast, I can part with mine to replace yours (I use printerboard on my repraps). I can send you a diagram of how to wire up a power relay, and you can get the part at your local auto parts store for 15 dollars.
August 02, 2013 04:31PM
did you find a solution i have same problem?
August 02, 2013 04:57PM
Yes I sent back to the place I got it from and asked them to test it for me. They sent me back a report and it turns out the chip was at fault and so it was replaced F.O.C.

If you can get someone who knows what to look for to test it, Its much easyer.
August 04, 2013 01:04AM
Here is that guide for wiring up a relay. It is for a printerboard, but just substitute whatever board you have where your heat bed connects and it will work the same.
Attachments:
open | download - relay wiring guide.jpg (110.8 KB)
August 04, 2013 02:51AM
Many thanks Im off to get a replay.. thumbs up
August 13, 2013 05:02PM
This problem is now sorted so this thread is now dead.
Many thanks to all who helped.
thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login