Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone used this PLA filament?

Posted by Zangetsu57 
Has anyone used this PLA filament?
May 13, 2013 12:29AM
I'm having trouble printing with ABS due to the high temperatures required, so I'd like to try PLA since it is more forgiving, at least until I get my machine calibrated. This seems like a good deal for 1kg of 3mm PLA. Has anyone used them? [www.ebay.com]

Thanks!
Re: Has anyone used this PLA filament?
May 13, 2013 09:29AM
I haven't used that PLA but I'm having great success with SainSmart 1.75 PLA on Amazon. It is a couple dollars more than this on Ebay but it works and looks wonderful. My only suggestion if you get it is that it has a melting temp in the lower range so don't pump the temp to 240 right away. I have it at around 225 and I could prob go a little less but it seems to give me good grip on the plate and nice resolution ability with my .4 nozzle. Sometimes I do get little oozing right before the build starts but I just use my tongs to wisp it away before it starts laying down the skirt.

great product.

SainSmart Black 1.75 PLA
May 14, 2013 08:30AM
I have. I just build my first 3d printer and decided to try them. I ordered the blue PLA and I liked it so much I ordered some yellow ABS ( I haven't tried the ABS yet) . I can't complain - great price and fast shipping. I've attached a picture of one of the models.
Attachments:
open | download - photo.JPG (91.9 KB)
January 28, 2014 11:23PM
Ive been using the black,red, blue and yellow PLA from Sainsmart. So far, all are fine, Black works especially well. Ive had a few failures, but I think that is because of really big parts, and my hot end gets too hot up near where the filiment enters it (should remain cooler there). But I am pleased with the results so far.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login