Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SAE configuration file?

Posted by ElMatador 
SAE configuration file?
July 03, 2012 06:02PM
Hello guys,
I was wondering if anyone out there had a open scad configuration file that they would be willing to share with me. I'm looking to upgrade my "old" prusa 1 with pla bushings to the new lm8uu bushings. I already have an SAE prusa and would like to use as much of the hardware that I can. Even if you don't have a config file if you know what diameters I should use for 5/16" rods and m8/m4/m3 (1/2", 5/16", and i dont know what the other one is) nuts i would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Re: SAE configuration file?
July 03, 2012 07:44PM
well after a lot of looking and a little luck I think i found what I was looking for. [www.thingiverse.com] has a download of the sae configuration file. I wonder why it isn't an option in the regular configuration file in the github?
July 05, 2012 12:26AM
I think mostly because the people who maintain the github don't live in either of the two countries that still use SAE measurements, and have learned to strongly discourage the use of SAE parts.
July 05, 2012 10:11PM
Yeah and I can't really blame them. Metric is a lot easier to design for. It's just way easier to find SAE parts/parts kits here in the US.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login