Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa I3(or other machine)

Posted by TommyF 
Prusa I3(or other machine)
December 12, 2014 03:11AM
Hello, have a fine Prusa I3, found some miner minus whit it, but overall a very good machine.

But trying to print the Bust Lady from tinguniverse around 60% up the print it'ts startet to wooble a little and hence since i using 0,2mm the extruder
hit the print, the statuette has a rounded seat and therefor not stabel,, THE print wasent lose, the tape worken fine, but the fast chance in direction in Y axsis
did the wooble of the print,,, insted off building a BIG raft or support,,,, isent there a G code there can force a soft chance in direction and the print at normal speed
or slow it down just before shift in Y or X ?

tommy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2014 03:11AM by TommyF.
Re: Prusa I3(or other machine)
December 23, 2014 08:02PM
You can reduce your acceleration settings if you're using Marlin or Repetier, but that won't necessarily prevent your wobble.

You'd be better off solving the warping problem, which is what I assume you're getting from the description of your problems. If you're printing in ABS, you'll need a heated bed at the very least. Regardless of type of filament, make sure your bed is level and your initial Z-height set correctly. Bed adhesion and heating aside, this is one of the biggest causes of warping. Print the 20mm test cube from the wiki calibration page - [reprap.org]
December 27, 2014 05:01PM
Thx,, i am a techworker at work,, my axels is near perfect, whitin 0.03mm, bed level the same.
The buste print have a bevel stand, and the weight and fast shift did make the buste woble hust enughf too catch the nozle.

I guess, i should have made some kind off support beside the raft..

My cube print was 20,31 allmost on every side.

Whit Raft i have no problem whit print normal, only this heavy high one, as i wrote, it still was fast to the underlayer
then i stop it, the shift was simpel to fast a directionel force.

I am using Merlin prusa I3, but havend yet connect to PC(dont know how) i still print via SD card...
What was the code to slow down shifting?

BQ I3 prusa - PLA
December 27, 2014 05:52PM
You can slow acceleration by sending M201 to the printer (you'll need to connect your printer to your PC and use control software such as Pronterface to do this). Reference here: [reprap.org].

Obviously you'll need a USB cable to connect your printer to your PC, then some control software like Pronterface ([github.com]) or Repetier Host ([www.repetier.com]) to control it.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
December 28, 2014 03:56AM
You could use CURA and there is a plugin Tweak At Z, so you can lower speed after some layers when your print is getting high.

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
December 28, 2014 05:01AM
Wow,,, didend know i could D click on plugins and get options, thx..... learning every day...smileys with beer

BQ I3 prusa - PLA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login