Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spool holder for mendel (and other repraps)

Posted by zemciko 
Spool holder for mendel (and other repraps)
August 02, 2012 12:50PM
I have just completed page vith my material spool holder. Works fine with mendel/prusa/my sinuhed reprap.
Spool holder

Any comments or sugestions are welcome-

zemciko@email.cz
Re: Spool holder for mendel (and other repraps)
August 05, 2012 05:14AM
Ahoj,

I suggest that you make a slit-like contraption with a cloth or semi-broom, which cleans the pla a bit ( if dusty) and also brakes the spool.
That way you have the best of both.

To aid your curiosity. Some people put a small piece of cloth in/on the contraptions they build to feed the pla/abs to their systems.
Keeping dust away helps the quality of the printed object, and keeps your hotend cleaner, preventing a buildup of 'garbage, aka dust'.
Re: Spool holder for mendel (and other repraps)
August 05, 2012 12:50PM
I have ptfe support block on my geared end which can work as cleaning element. Another way is inserting cloth piece into support part of printer (smaal roof on pictures). Annyway i have never noticed any problem with dust on material. (maybe im lucky)

The only real problem was with inpurities inside material or after changing ABS->PLA->ABS, which leads to production of "dirty pieces" inside head and plug orifice. (this happen several times).

Another problem with black dirt inside printing object can be from rest of material attached on orifice and then burned to black color..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login