Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newly built RepRapPro Mendel kit: Blobs in print

Posted by Lingon 
Newly built RepRapPro Mendel kit: Blobs in print
December 03, 2012 03:33PM
Hi,

I just finished building my Mendel kit. It worked well "out of the box" with Pronterface / Slic3r.

However, I get "blobs" at certain places in the print - I think it is when the nozzle touches down to continue printing after it moves from one part of the print to another (see image).

I'm sure there are solutions to this elsewhere in the forum, but since I'm not familiar with the nomenclature yet, I haven't been able to find it.

Pointers to where to begin adjustment / troubleshooting are welcome, as well as pointers to relevant documentation or webpages.

Thanks in advance,
Johnny
Attachments:
open | download - 20121203_212017 copy.jpg (234.3 KB)
Re: Newly built RepRapPro Mendel kit: Blobs in print
January 08, 2013 04:11PM
Hi Johnny,

Did you fix this?

I've just started with my Mendel and I'm getting similar blobs.

I think it could be down to settings in Skeinforge under the tabs "Oozebane", "Oozesteps" and "Splodge". I'm trying to read about these but there seems to be no help for Oozesteps at the moment.

I also get small gaps in perimeters... so for example when the printer prints the outline of a hole it stops about 1mm short of a complete circle.

I think it could be down to the extruder too and the E steps per mm setting that you can change with the G-Code M92 Exxx (where xxx is the value for the steps / mm you want the extruder to run at)
Re: Newly built RepRapPro Mendel kit: Blobs in print
January 08, 2013 04:50PM
sounds more like you need to reduce temperature and or tune your retract settings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login