Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel Versions

Posted by Taal 
Mendel Versions
January 13, 2013 11:25PM
Ok, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be starting on this whole crazy DIY printer journey in a month or so and I'm considering starting here...

[reprappro.com]

If I so chose, could I get just the hardware kit listed and then order a parts kit off eBay, something like this?

[www.ebay.ca]

I ask because the full kit and the hardware kit from reprappro are different by 125.00 and the part kits don't seem to be anywhere near that much...

Or, because I'm a total newb and haven't read enough yet am I better to get from other sources? Help! =D
Re: Mendel Versions
January 21, 2013 11:33AM
I have built a few prusa mendel kits from here:
[www.a2aprinter.com]

They seem to do a good job. I do like the look of the reprap pro though but I haven't seen it in action. Since the reprap pro kits are from the guy who invented reprap, I would tend to trust them more but it would be worth asking on the forums and on irc first.

You could also check out the mendel90. Nophead is very well respected and sells a complete kit for about $800. It is on the more expensive end but I am sure it would rock. He has an incredible attention to detail.
January 24, 2013 01:46PM
Hello,

We would advise that you use the plastic parts that are designed to go with our hardware kits. If you can find someone to print them for you the design files are in our Github - [github.com]

All build instructions are here: [reprap.org]

Let me know if you have any further questions about our kits.

Best wishes
Sally

RepRapPro Ltd
January 25, 2013 09:13AM
Hello,
I have Arduino 2 and i need firmware for RepRap Mendel.
Help me , please
January 25, 2013 10:23AM
peppik49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
> I have Arduino 2 and i need firmware for RepRap
> Mendel.
> Help me , please

By Arduino 2, do you mean Arduino Due? AFAIK there is no firmware for the Due yet, because there is no printer electronics for the Due.

I am looking into both though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login