Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Vibrating While Printing?

Posted by GreysonH 
Extruder Vibrating While Printing?
March 12, 2013 12:34AM
With the help of this forum I was able to put my RepRap Mendel Prusa all together and start printing! I printed my first calibration cube, but for some reason my temps spiked up to 230 degrees (I'm printing in PLA) so the print was a off, I started the second cube shortly afterwords and ran it again, the temperatures spiked up again but I adjusted it back down in pronterface while it was printing. During the second print the extruder motor would stop, start and vibrate but only for short instances?

Here is a video of it happening...
Video

I dont know if I am having a nozzle issue, or if it has something to do with the power going to the extruder motor?
Any Help on the matter would be awesome!

Also The second cube I printed is better than the first but It still needs improvement. Im probably going to add a fan to help with the warping. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again!
Re: Extruder Vibrating While Printing?
March 12, 2013 01:56AM
Check your driver and also check your feedrate on the extruder. If you are trying to push more plastic than the nozzle can handle it will do that.
March 12, 2013 09:12AM
Yes, definitely try and slow your extruder feed rate. It looks to me like your extruder stepper is stalling too as you can see the gear pausing corresponding to some vibration noises.. Both those issues would be symptomatic of too much feed rate I think.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
March 12, 2013 11:55AM
Thanks for the replies I will change the extruder feed rate when I get home, and I will post back with the results!
March 13, 2013 04:57PM
one reason for your temp spikes could be either
a bad temp sensor
or
its not making proper contact with the print head
or
its shorting out ( on the print head)
The fact you can manually adjust it doesn,t support the above or is it an intermittent problem that just leaves you thinking your manual intervention has worked . I had a similar problem a few weeks back when the screw came loose that holds the thermistor.

IS that the 20mm hollow cube test piece? if so at least you've got the top bridging ...something that's eluding me.
I have noticed that when slicing with different settings i sometimes get completely different "noises" from my extuder

Im looking into my steppers / micro steps/ half steps Apparently the motors dont like weird numbers in your config files that dont correspond with how they can perform ...im still learning

Good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login