Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extrusion problem

Posted by hugo411 
extrusion problem
April 19, 2013 08:50PM
Hi, i just finished building my prusa mendel from makerfarm, just before that i have build a printrbot LC which is going great after 2 weeks of calibration and adjustements. My problem today is i am trying to print with my prusa mendel using the repetier and printrbot settings (getting started guide). I don't know what to change in order to make it work. I had to do extrusion multiplier x5 because it wasnt extruting enough and when it worked i got this (attached picture).

If you have any clue, or any specific config you are using with your prusa mendel, please help!

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - photo.JPG (421 KB)
Re: extrusion problem
April 20, 2013 12:30AM
Looks like you need to get the retraction settings better - that's what's causing the blobs at layer changes. Your esteps/mm look off too - you shouldn't just multiply it by 5 to correct it (assuming you just guessed), you should calibrate it properly, so that when you manually extrude (say) 100mm, that's exactly what you get (measured by how much filament goes INTO the extruder). You can either change it in the firmware, or adjust the extrusion multiplier until it's dead on. Make sure you have the correct filament diameter typed in too. Those two steps should get you much much better prints alone.
April 20, 2013 03:12PM
Thank you, i tried to calculate the amount extruted, for 30mm, it extruded less than 10mm and i noticed that when i extrude, it is slow to come out but after it finish turning, it still continues to fall down a lot.

Any idea?

Thanks
April 20, 2013 10:02PM
Sounds like your hobbed bolt is slipping, which may be the bolt itself or a partial blockage in the hotend.
May 03, 2013 01:04AM
I new to this as well I have "stolen" my roomates printer after he got fed up with it. So here is where I am at as well.
I have noticed the hobbed bolt when doing the infill (faster extruding) Just shreds the PLAand hen the project becomes unprintable. I geat a fantastic first layer then the first inlay but when it does the faster uper inlays it goes to bunk.
I have:
1.Adjusted the tension
2.Tried to slow the fill rate ( to no avail )

is there a replacement that will work better mine is teeth threaded (A screw with notched threads). also would a wades extruder be a better replacement for this base extruder motor that just hangs on the side as that dosent seem to be the most efficent.
Thank you for any help.
May 03, 2013 05:07AM
have you got some ABS you can try?
May 03, 2013 11:29PM
I do not. I dont think it would be to hard to obtain some though
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login