Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kisslicer settings for Reprappro

Posted by danlad1631 
Kisslicer settings for Reprappro
May 07, 2013 06:43AM
I'm new to 3D printing and am using Slic3r at the moment. I'd really like to give Kisslicer try but I'm not too sure of the settings for my RepRapPro.

Could anyone help?
Re: Kisslicer settings for Reprappro
May 07, 2013 06:59AM
i don't think there's any sure fire way to "translate" Slic3r settings to Kisslicer ( or Cura)
Its a question of trial and error and interpretation of settings and printing results.

Start with the basics like hotend temp, bed temp, filament diameter and print speed and give it a try

Its sometimes ( nearly always) good to give a little more info when you post questions . Like hot end type, firmware , material ( PLA/ABS)
goal = ( like ...im trying to print a thin walled object )

Good luck
May 07, 2013 06:36PM
You will also need to add an offset for the bed in Kisslicer.
100mm on x & y I think.
May 08, 2013 04:35AM
Ok thanks for the replies.

I thought there might of been a generic list of settings out there that I would needed to have tweaked for my printer. As I'm new to this it doesn't all make sense at the moment.

In the settings under printer/ hardware it says Bed STL model, what does this mean?
May 08, 2013 05:49AM
In their forums they have a section for people to put their settings, it might be in there
May 08, 2013 05:59AM
I've had a look in there, but know settings for my printer have been put up.
May 08, 2013 10:42AM
Ya mine were not either, so I made them. It is really easy just takes some time and trial and error
May 08, 2013 02:06PM
Would you mind sharing them with me? Do you find it gives better results over Slic3r? Is it more accurate?

Could you tell me what this means "Bed STL model"?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2013 02:08PM by danlad1631.

www.photomouse.co.uk
May 08, 2013 09:59PM
The bed stl let's you show a solid model of your bed if you like. Not really needed for anything.
I have been using Kisslicer for a couple weeks and really like it. It is my go to slicer for just about everything.
May 09, 2013 04:36AM
It does seem better and I had a play with it last night, I've got a couple of questions...

What setting do need to change to stop it pausing? it does 1/2 layers then pauses for a few seconds.

How can I add a skirt around the model? I couldn't see it in the settings.

Thanks
May 09, 2013 03:18PM
I've been playing around with Kisslicer but I'm not sure it's right at the moment. The speed is very slow, I've played around with the settings but it didn't seem to improve the speed. I have attached a screen shot of my current settings, could anyone else with a RepRapPro see where I'm going wrong?

Also, I'm not sure if the settings are correct in the "Materials" section. I've attached a screen shot of my current settings, any advice on these would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - Slicer settings.jpg (275.7 KB)
open | download - Slicer settings 2.jpg (290.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login