Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PROBLEM WHITH TEENSYLU

Posted by juanbarney 
PROBLEM WHITH TEENSYLU
June 24, 2013 01:15PM
Hello

I am making my first 3d printing . I made this alone and in the part of electronics my choice are Teensylu board.

The problem now are that only reconices one drivers. The teensyly alternate beetween LUFA and USB driver with the reset button.

For ulploading the Marlin firmware when the arduino IDE complete the compilation a popup of teensylu appears and say press reset. But i think never uploading que sirmware because never say UPLOADING COMPLETE.

Any have experience in this card ??

Thanks a lot !

Juan JOse
Re: PROBLEM WHITH TEENSYLU
June 27, 2013 05:11PM
Hi Juan. The reprap wiki has pretty detailed instructions on how to flash the Teensylu board.
Follow the instructions on setting up the arduino environment, and make sure to edit your boards.txt and select the teensylu board in arduino.

You need to install FLIP [www.atmel.com] to program when using the built in bootloader. Install the FLIP software first, then remove the boot mode jumper on your board and reset it. it may ask for drivers, and you will find them in the FLIP directory.

After you have set up the arduino environment, you need to compile it, then manually grab the compiled hex file.
In windows, the hex file is placed in a folder like c:\users\{currentuser}\appdata\temp\build1234567890\

copy the hex file to your desktop or documents folder, then run the FLIP software.
Select AT90USB1286 in the FLIP software, and connect to it through usb. After that, load the .hex file and click "RUN".

Sorry it's a more manual process, but there wasn't any way of getting FLIP built into the arduino package. The alternative is to load the LUFA bootloader. I have never used the LUFA bootloader myself as the built in bootloader works fine despite these quirks.
If you flashed the LUFA bootloader, and it failed, then the only way to repair it is to use an ISP cable (this happened to me once).

The teensylu has been somewhat superceded by the printrboard, though it would be worth while to back-port the printrboard changes into the teensylu (4 layer, onboard uSD, etc).
July 01, 2013 06:00PM
Thanks Steph

At the end the problem are the selected board at Arduino IDE. I have a Tennsylu board (i think it's a chinesse board) and in the official teensylu page say "select Teensy ++2 " board, but NOT RUNS. It's mandatory select LUFA BOORTLOADER/PRINTERBOARD" and whits this in arduino upload sweet .

Thanks a lot

Juan Jose
September 04, 2013 07:04PM
StephS-

I also have a problem with the TeensyLu. I purchased 4 DRV8825 Pololu boards, and they will do 1/32 stepping. On other boards, such as the Gen7 by Traumflug, you set the stepping level with jumpers. I do not see any jumper pins on the TeensyLu, and I need a clue as to how to set the stepping level.

I hope that I am not "hijacking" this thread, as the topic is the TeensyLu. Apologies in advance.

StephS, I have visited the GitHub for the TeensyLu, and it appeared as if your name was on it. I did see a note that said SD support was not implemented yet. Is that true, or an obsolete comment? -Phuzzy
September 09, 2013 06:18PM
There are jumper pins for setting the microstepping. It is underneath the stepper drivers.
I haven't tested SD card support myself, but the add-in SD card for sanguinololu should work (it was made to be compatible.)
September 10, 2013 12:45AM
StephS-

Thank you for your response. Is there a documentation page where I can find information regarding the jumper settings?

I found that each set of 3 jumpers on my board is shorted completely (I am assuming 3 x high). If these jumpers control the step resolution settings, then they should produce 1/16th stepping with an A4988 board and 1/32 stepping with a DRV8825 board.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am looking at Lincomatic's work, and trying to find further documentation on the TeensyLu board. Any input on your behalf would be appreciated. -Phuzzy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login