Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

gregs-wade-v3.scad attaching to X-carriage?

Posted by jamesshuang 
gregs-wade-v3.scad attaching to X-carriage?
July 04, 2013 11:33AM
Hey guys,
I ordered a set of plastic parts for the Prusa i3. It arrived with all the parts from the original prusa i3 github printed. However, I don't quite understand how you're supposed to attach the included gregs-wade-v3.scad to the x-carriage. The x-carriage has holes 30 mm apart, but the only holes on the extruder are 50 mm apart. Is this a bug in that particular file?
Re: gregs-wade-v3.scad attaching to X-carriage?
July 04, 2013 03:42PM
I have the same setup. Use the dual carriage that is intended for two compact extruders. I recall seeing some modified versions of the carriage for a Greg's but can't off hand remember where. I don't know if it's in the repo. I'll look later today when I get back to the shop.
July 05, 2013 10:49AM
Ahhh, dang. I'll have to get someone to print me the new version then. For future reference, that is found here: [www.thingiverse.com]

Should I file a bug report in the prusa github? It seems like most people printing these things throw in the incompatible extruder into the parts they print.
July 05, 2013 03:48PM
ask the person who printed your parts what settings he used in "configuration.scad".

for the box version at least the x-carriage default is 50mm, look for "carriage_l_base" in the configuration.scad.dist on github for the version your building, see what its set to by default.

I would get the person the re-print the x-carriage properly for you, they're supposed to know what they're doing, well if they're printing parts for money, that is.
July 05, 2013 03:49PM
That looks like a better solution than using the wider carriage. I was referring to the stock hole mounting using a wider carriage piece The issue with the wider carriage is that depending on the design of the X belt idlers the build volume in the X axis may be decreased.

The initial design was for a direct drive compact extruder. It looks like using a Greg's was a later addition.
July 05, 2013 04:42PM
just had a look through the single plate files , oops done those a bit different haven't they, not much in the way of configuration options.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login