Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here is my Prusa i3 !

Posted by franck 
Re: Here is my Prusa i3 !
September 30, 2013 06:50PM
Will do! We have a class running this weekend and I will post corrected docs after that.

GEEKADELPHIA ARTICLE

September 30, 2013 11:42PM
mattmc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyway, do you recommend changing all the 3mm
> holes in the Prusa i3 frame and y carriage to
> 2.5mm or just some of them?

On my builds I thread the Z mounts to the plate, the extronics mounts and on the bed I've done both threaded and through and can't say which is easier to level. Once I level these days it's pretty much set it and forget it. I was working on a bearing holder for the single plate print bed (box version has one) but use zip ties right now. I've also got a .dxf for a three point print bed that makes it a bit easier to level the bed. You can also drill all the holes to 3.5 mm and use M3 hardware and not have to cahnge any printed parts. I've supplied a couple dozen that way to people that didn't want to tap but could drill. The big holes on the bottom are for the motor cables and the small holes can either be zip tied through for cable management or threaded for the use of cable guide/ clip from Panduit and others.

As for the pattern on the electronics mount RAMPS bolts right up, Prusa has a RAMBo adapter and when I get my Brainwave boards finished (I had some boards printed and will build some for myself) I'll figure out a way to mount those.
October 17, 2013 05:33PM
Hi Franck,

I am finding some dimensions of your nice printer. Are you using classic 214x214 heatbed? it looks bigger compared to my prusa i3 with ordinary metal frame. My frame looks narrower.Can you send me some dimensions of your box ?

Thank you

TM
November 10, 2013 02:16PM
hello you have the installation instructions of the extruder and the STL file. and what program do you use for impremite STL file thank you
November 11, 2013 06:08PM
I'm not quite sure what your question is.

The stl files are converted to gcode with programs like Silc3r or Cura. The gcode is sent to the printer by a program like Pronterface. The stl files are created by a CAD program like OpenCAD or SolidWorks.

Did one of those answer the question?
Re: Now with dual extrusion!
February 19, 2014 09:13AM
Hey Franck,
I'm a 15 year old from Mumbai, India. Would it be possible for you to help me with the dual extrusion part? I've made many repraps with single extrusion. I want to try dual extrusion. Was unable to find any proper documentation for the same. Have you documented anywhere? If yes, please share the link with me. Otherwise, would it be possible for you to share the details with me? Really looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks in advance!
You can reply to me here : [www.angadmakes.com] I try not to disclose my email address on the internet.

About me: [www.youtube.com]

Thanks franck. Looking forward to hearing from you!
April 05, 2014 10:29PM
can you help me how i can change my prusai 3 with dual nozzle.. and where i can get the update for ramps ?? or i need to go with some other
electronics
May 21, 2015 03:30PM
Hi , I bought a new dual extruder but i don't have any idea about how to edit marlin firmware for it
Could you help me please ?
September 12, 2015 01:02PM
I have a question is their some place that has the instructions on how to edit ramps board for dual extrusion thanks Don
September 27, 2015 11:19AM
hello,

i'm going to build dual extrusion FDM Printer.
what's the firmware i have to use ?
what's software application that support dual colors with extension of solidworks(.AMF)?

Hint: my electronic board is RAMPS

Thanks
September 27, 2015 11:19AM
hello,

i'm going to build dual extrusion FDM Printer.
what's the firmware i have to use ?
what's software application that support dual colors with extension of solidworks(.AMF)?

Hint: my electronic board is RAMPS

Thanks
September 21, 2019 12:21PM
I know its been a FAT minute since this thead started, but since i am JUST learning about 3d printing, does anyone hae a current BOM list? i want to build the box frame just like this gentleman did. This is strictly for a project. I own a CR10, but want to build my own. I dont need the best of the best partssmiling smiley. I am also looking for a tutorial on how to put the box frame and printer completly together, including the firmware setup and etc. thanks

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2019 12:26PM by LT72884.
October 26, 2019 05:51AM
LT72884
I know its been a FAT minute since this thead started, but since i am JUST learning about 3d printing, does anyone hae a current BOM list? i want to build the box frame just like this gentleman did. This is strictly for a project. I own a CR10, but want to build my own. I dont need the best of the best partssmiling smiley. I am also looking for a tutorial on how to put the box frame and printer completly together, including the firmware setup and etc. thanks

thanks

Hey, a bit of a late reply from myself, but the link is right there in the original post:
[github.com]

Then see the box frame folder in that github. The rest should all be clear just by googlinh a bit.

Here is some more info with a BOM:
[reprap.org]

And for someone sharing their personal BOM:
[reprap.org]

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login