Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Resurrecting Prusa build with Teckzone Gen 3 Electronics

Posted by MartinB 
Resurrecting Prusa build with Teckzone Gen 3 Electronics
August 16, 2013 12:28PM
Hi All

I am looking for some help to complete the build of a Prusa reprap with Techzone Gen 3 Electronics. The project has be languishing in a cupboard and I am attempting a second go at getting it working.
I have all the construction finished, but the electronics have me stumped. I have read all wiki pages(bith complet and incomplete) and a couple of blogs but cannot fathom the process i need to follow.

1)Firmware – how can I check if the firmware is loaded into the motherboard and extruder boards?
2) What software should I be using to load the firmware if it is missing – replicatorg ? Andrino IDE ? or RepRap Software?

3) What software should I use to run the Prusa

I am using a windows 7 32 bit laptop
Issues that have come up so far
Replicator g (Versions 028 to 040) will upload new firmware (v1.6) to both boards but will not connect to the motherboard after loading ( using Basic Cupcake as the machine driver profile) reporting Read time out and Packet timeout.
RepRap – does not load when the bat file is run first time – hangs on the line
Comms: G-code: N0 M110 *3 dequeued and sent [3.436s/3312ms]
If the bat is run again without closing the first terminal window , RepRap software runs but second terminal says COM6 is in use.

Andrino IDE (All available tried) using Sangiuno ATMega664p profile - On Verify/compile of the FiveD_GCode_Interpreter the error list is

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega644p -DF_CPU=16000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\variants\standard C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\Temp\build5008120309167261644.tmp\FiveD_GCode_Interpreter.cpp -o C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\Temp\build5008120309167261644.tmp\FiveD_GCode_Interpreter.cpp.o
In file included from C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:213,
from FiveD_GCode_Interpreter.ino:35:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:53:1: warning: "TIMER5A" redefined
In file included from FiveD_GCode_Interpreter.ino:35:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:182:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:213,
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:54:1: warning: "TIMER5B" redefined
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:183:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:55:1: warning: "TIMER5C" redefined
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:184:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
intercom.ino: In member function 'void intercom::tick()':
intercom:210: error: 'BYTE' was not declared in this scope

As of Arduino 1.0, the 'BYTE' keyword is no longer supported.
Please use Serial.write() instead.

intercom.ino: In member function 'void intercom::processPacket()':
intercom.ino:383: warning: unused variable 'erep'
intercom.ino:384: warning: unused variable 'err'
process_g_code.ino: In function 'int parse_string(GcodeParser*, char*, int)':
process_g_code.ino:247: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void

Any guidance or instructions would be greatly appreciated as I now seem to be going round in circles.

Regards
Martin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login