Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

confused smiley Printed layers are not lining up???

Posted by zanahade 
confused smiley Printed layers are not lining up???
September 23, 2013 12:00AM
I have an issue with my printer laying down the layers and after what appears to be the 2nd or 3rd layer, the layers start to drift, a little at first, then more and more until the deviation is about 1 to 1/2" (25.4 to 38.1mm).

(this image should have been: thing:27354)

Now I notice that when it is running, I can hear the printer nozzle colliding with the print, in what seems to be areas where too much plastic has been extruded and the height is too high for the printer to pass by easily... but how is that so? how can the plastic be higher than the print head?

I thought maybe, that the printer was pushing too much plastic out, which, being flattened out, then after the print nozzle had moved away, the plastic pushed up to form a more round line, resulting in the head colliding as it passes by.

NOW, I had reduced the plastic feed rate in the firmware, and that seemed to reduce the line size in the print, but the over lining problem did not improve. So perhaps I need to reduce the feed rate further? Is there something else that I am missing... I AM A NEWB, I welcome any and all input... PLEASE smiling smiley
Re: confused smiley Printed layers are not lining up???
September 24, 2013 01:24AM
Hey.

I have the same problem. and my solution was:
1. try to run in slower.
2. you need to have lower accelration for the stepper driver.
3. the belt are to stretched.

some firmware are running at 3000 accelrator. i run 1000 nd it's working well.
the problem are if yo run att 3000. the stepper will accelerat that much but the belt will Jump over.

hope that help you smiling smiley
September 24, 2013 09:14AM
FREAKING GLORIOUS!!!

tinitinz, You hit the nail square on the head! THANKS YOU!!! I lowered acceleration to 1000 from 3000 and BOOM! PERFECT PRINTING!!! YOU ROCK!!!
[SOLVED] Re: confused smiley Printed layers are not lining up???
September 24, 2013 09:14AM
Marking this as solved.
December 25, 2014 04:25PM
Thank u so much for this... now i printing very very good!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login