Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What causes this mess?

Posted by Rammy 
What causes this mess?
October 09, 2013 02:43AM
I am still new to 3D printing, but I thought I had finally cracked it when I resolved my X axis scaling problem the other day. However last night I decided to print off Civrays spool holder for my Mendel. The bracket printed perfectly first time. I then printed the spool but after 10 layers or so it seems to have gone mad. Any suggestions on what may have caused this? I appears to gave printed one layer way off, but then shifted back and carried on although still slightly shifted from the original position.
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (70 KB)
Re: What causes this mess?
October 09, 2013 04:18AM
I recognise that mess smiling smiley Looks like the belt is skipping during travel.. The cause for me was y belt was too loose. There's very little info out there on how tight the belts need to be. Mine were set up to make a rubber band king of twang which was too loose. They now make a tighter ping. I also turned down the travel speed in slicer.
Re: What causes this mess?
October 12, 2013 09:12AM
It might be your stepper drivers or motors overheating. Try tinkering with your stepper drivers' pots to reduce current and stop overheating if necessary,

Or it might be due to your print head hitting the print and slipping, happens to me from time to time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login