Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i3 Boxed, Resco Hotend

Posted by TRoager 
i3 Boxed, Resco Hotend
December 11, 2013 01:39PM
Hello Guys.

i was wondering if someone could help me...

im building this hotend:
[reprap.org]

but i just got into some trouble. i cant find an extruder that fits this hot end.
So maybe any of you knew an extruder that fits or maybe can help me build one for my Prusa i3 Boxed Frame.

Thanks in Advance

- TRoager
Re: i3 Boxed, Resco Hotend
December 11, 2013 06:18PM
That extruder looks like it fits the normal Wades / Greg's / what ever series of extruders. Anything that would work with a J-Head should work with that hot end.

More or less:

[www.thingiverse.com]

and all the multitude of offshoots should work ok.
December 12, 2013 09:56AM
What about the fixing plate, would it fit ?
December 12, 2013 01:19PM
If it's got the correctly spaced holes in it, it should fit fine. Put another way - the slot in the plate matches with the hot end. The two holes in the plate are spaced based on the extruder design.
December 12, 2013 03:46PM
well the cold end doesnt match a j head, the j head are 16mm and the resco cold end are 13mm :/ so it wont fit the extruder in my opinion , but im not an expert smiling smiley
December 13, 2013 04:05PM
The hole in the bottom of the extruder is simply a clearance hole. If it's 16mm and your hot end is 13 mm that's fine. It's only if your hot end is larger than normal that you have an issue. You need to fabricate the mounting plate to match your hot end, so that should not be an issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login