Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mk8 with Merlin Hotend - Marlin conf.

Posted by FSilvestre 
Mk8 with Merlin Hotend - Marlin conf.
January 05, 2014 06:20PM
Hi everyone

I need some help with the parameters on marlin firmware and slic3r. I have a prusa i2 on wish i had and used for a while a greg extruder with a j-head, but i decided to try due to the fact that it would be smaller and lighter, the new Merlin Hotend with a direct drive mk8.
Unfortunately i'm not being able to get good prints, either i have problems with the first layer (too much on first and ok on the rest) and sometimes, a few minutes after the beggining of the print the filament stops extruding. I've added a fan to the front pointed at the mk8 and filament and still doesn't work well.

Anyone with this set that is able to print without a problem?

Thanks
Filipe

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 05:14AM by FSilvestre.
Re: Mk8 with Merlin Hotend - Marlin conf.
January 07, 2014 05:15AM
Isn't there anyone who uses a similar set?confused smiley
January 07, 2014 11:09AM
hi,
with the merlin still being a relative new hotend you may well one of the first to use it , I have no experience with the mk8 direct drive but am thinking " #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {79.512,79.614,2566.88,760} the last value on that line will need reducing.
maybe adding the a post in the general section may offer better results

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 11:11AM by jinx.
January 25, 2014 02:33PM
you need to take off the hotend and make sure that you have the proper steps for your extruder set in the firmware.

WWW.ZATOPA.COM - Your Place for high quality 3D Printing Filament and accessories
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login