Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 Mirror Prints ?

Posted by Raidramon 
Prusa i3 Mirror Prints ?
January 11, 2014 08:02AM
Hi

I have recently built my Prusa i3 and got it all calibrated and it is printing beautifully, but i have noticed that it is printing mirrored parts to what they look like in pronterface ?

Does anyone know how to rectify this, i think it can be fixed in the marlin firmware but im new to all this and have no idea of where to look.

On another note i have a LCD smart controller that i am having issues conecting to again it needs to be fixed in the firmware but i have tried and it never works i think im missing some steps ?

Any help would be great.
Re: Prusa i3 Mirror Prints ?
January 12, 2014 03:52AM
You need to reverse the movement of an axis. Usually the y axis. It's an easy mistake to make as you think the bed is moving towards you say so y should be decreasing, but the hotend (which is the important bit) is moving to to the back of the bed so y is increasing.

Not the best explanation but I hope it point you in the right direction. Just remember if you reverse an axis to check the homing direction.
January 12, 2014 08:35AM
Hi lazzymonk

Cant believe i missed such an obvious mistake i had my y-endstop on the wrong end, I have put the endstop on the motor side and it is working correctly now.

Thanks very much for the help.
January 12, 2014 08:42AM
No problem. Glad I could help and it was an easy fix.
September 25, 2015 02:29AM
Hello,
I have for Y axis the endstop at the motor side but for X axis the endstop is at the oposite side (I3 rework version)...

So in order to print correctly do I have to modify Marlin AND also reverse the X axis motor connector?
Thank you!
September 28, 2015 01:04AM
Solved by miself ... It wasn't X but Y...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login