Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need some measurements to make handmade Mendel pieces

Posted by Labrat 
Need some measurements to make handmade Mendel pieces
November 23, 2009 07:52PM
I downloaded the STL files for Mendel and converted them to 3DS format to be able to see them... unfortunately I completely lost the scale for the pieces in the process (viewing them in Sketchup shows the larger pieces being several feet across).

Can someone please give me the measurement of one of the pieces so I can get these in the right scale?

Specifically, can someone give me the Length, Width, and Height (in mm) for the piece:

x-axis-side-plate-nut-jig_2off.stl

Thanks.
Re: Need some measurements to make handmade Mendel pieces
November 24, 2009 08:44PM
I've been using blender to get scale print-outs of pieces so I can glue the print-outs onto wood and cut them out.

see [www.rab3d.com] for the tutorial, specifically around page 72 of the pdf guide, or part 10 of the 608 bearing tutorial.

blender is quite similar to 3ds max, but it's open source and free so worth checking out.

the part is 33lx13wx15h, captive nut hole centers are 19mm apart.
Re: Need some measurements to make handmade Mendel pieces
December 01, 2009 08:47PM
Also try :-

Re: Custom Machined Metal Mendel
Posted by: swighton ()
Date: November 24, 2009 03:55AM

I have mashed together a zip file of PDF's of all the part drawings for the machined bits of my aluminum mendel. I have to disclaimer that I made these drawings for myself so I may have left things out, or made things not as clear as I normally would since I made the parts and knew the exact design intent. I also apologize for the lack of tolerances - once again since I designed them the tolerances were in my head. Just use common sense. I will clean them up eventually when I find some time. If there are any questions just ask me and I would be glad to answer/make a clearer drawing. In the mean time you can download a zip file of them from the link to my site below.

Download Drawings Here

Enjoy!

and OR this:-

Re: Wooden Mendel
Posted by: Triffid_Hunter ()
Date: November 28, 2009 10:54AM

600DPI, A4, print-ready images for those who are interested.

make sure you turn off page margins, and set scale to 100% or dpi to 600.0 or it won't be to scale. Use the rulers on the page edges to check - marks are every 5mm, with larger marks every 1cm.

I'll post more as I need them for my own wooden mendel.

Pictures of Z motor brackets up soon!

[wooden-mendel.blogspot.com]

Attachments: frame-vertex-g-print.png (356.3 Kcool smiley y-motor-bracket-g-print.png (568.8 Kcool smiley z-leadscrew-base-g-print.png (360.4 Kcool smiley z-motor-bracket-g-print.png (468.2 Kcool smiley

Im sure these two sets of drawing will provide enought info to make your own version of a repstraped mendel made from plastic wood or metal

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login