Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mounting Bulldog extruder on Prusa carriage

Posted by chrisbob12 
Mounting Bulldog extruder on Prusa carriage
April 05, 2014 07:17PM
I've started work to install a Bulldog XL extruder on my fairly vanilla Mendel Prusa. I'm replacing a Wade's extruder. The mounting holes on the carriage line up with the Bulldog plastic base (more or less), but if I position the Bulldog so its fan end is towards the end stop, the fan housing hits the z-axis slide before the carriage hits the end stop (and the extruder doesn't make the full width of the print bed. If I position the Bulldog so the fan end is away from the end stop, the carriage can touch the end stop, but the extruder and base project into the toothed belt grips, if the extruder is kept centred on the carriage.

Am I missing something here? Anyone else dropped a Bulldog in to replace a Wade extruder on a basic Prusa?
Re: Mounting Bulldog extruder on Prusa carriage
April 06, 2014 05:07PM
Hi

I recently got a bulldog extruder and was having the same problem mounting it correctly i have slightly redesigned the mount, so it mounts with the fan facing outwards, and added holes which line up on the vanilla prusa x carriage, also added a bit to the side where you can zip tie the cables to keep it neat. I have only installed it today and have done 1 print with it and it works pretty well so far.

I haven't got the file uploaded anywhere yet, if you PM me your email i will send it to you
Re: Mounting Bulldog extruder on Prusa carriage
April 26, 2014 11:29AM
PM sent - thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login