Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[EU] Best quality/ value Prusa i3 kit in Europe?

Posted by Harrie 
[EU] Best quality/ value Prusa i3 kit in Europe?
April 30, 2014 03:47PM
Hi, new to the forum. I've been reading about 3d printing for a few years now, and been searching extensively for the last two months to decide what will be my first 3d printer.

Budget playing in as a big factor I've settled on the Prusa i3, with an aluminium frame. Seems like the best kit available for the money.

I had a quick question about where people recommend I get the kit from. Currently living in Hungary, with crazy import duties, means I have to order within the European Union.

The two places I've found are:
  • 3dlabtek
  • 3distributed

With 3distributed being a bit cheaper. Actually, the kit from 3distributed works out less than 100 euro more expensive than a printrbot simple v2, so the Prusa i3 seems like the way to go. I had very seriously considered the mendel90, but it was another price bracket upward.

Does anyone have experience with either of these two kits?

Are there other EU sellers I should be considering?

Thanks!
Harrie
Re: [EU] Best quality/ value Prusa i3 kit in Europe?
April 30, 2014 03:55PM
I stumbled across this kit from Idea Lab at around the same price too, which looks pretty good.

Being a noob, I'm just really unsure as to what kit to get.
May 11, 2014 08:12AM
Have a look on our shop also! We have a high quality kit and also a verry good support!

www.facebook.com/Charlies3DTechnologies
www.charlies3dtechnologies.com/webshop
webshop@charlies3dt.com
May 12, 2014 05:16AM
Another option is G3D
[gadgets3d.com]
I got this kit when it first came out.
had a few problems here and there (and have seen a few people post up with issues)
but i think in general it's pretty good value.
They're EU based but ship from china.
Customer support seems decent too, I got a complete new hot end sent out when my peek isolator melted.
January 05, 2015 11:50PM
Witch one did you ended up buying?
I'm in the exact same predicament as you.
I'm leaing to the aluminum 3dlabtek one.
January 06, 2015 06:22AM
Hi, I didn't end up going for any of them, I had a bit of a financial crisis and had to put it on hold. But I'll get one this year sometime likely.

I would personally go for a Mendel90 from Nophead. After extensive research, it seemed like the best option.
January 06, 2015 08:29AM
Is Mendel90 a good choice? It has too many printed parts and the dev post seams like an year old..
the 3dlabtek has more aluminum parts.. I'm leaning on that one
January 06, 2015 10:11AM
3dlabtek is a good choice. Great service, good quality on printed parts.
January 06, 2015 10:14AM
But is Noobs Mendel90 better in terms of printing quality?
March 17, 2015 02:09PM
Did anyone here end up going for the 3Dlabtek prusa i3? I am close to getting one from them but want to know people's experiences with their kit first. If so, did anyone get the reinforced frame and aluminium x carriage, if so were they worth it?

Thanks!

Ben
March 18, 2015 10:04AM
I did get the reinforced frame and aluminium x carriage, and i do think its well worth it.
Customer care is great too
March 18, 2015 11:53AM
Awesome, thanks! Do you know if the rods are just stainless steel, or hardened steel? This seems to be the last piece of the puzzle for me. Customer service for all of my questions so far before buying the kit have been great! Have you had any issues with their hotends as they are custom made by the company? Just looking to gain as much insight before committing to buy.

Thanks!
March 18, 2015 12:26PM
dont know about the rods. THe hotend has been working fine, But i'm still just printing PLA, i don't know about ABS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login