Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

edrawings dimension info

Posted by [email protected] 
edrawings dimension info
March 17, 2010 09:45AM
My goal it to get diagrams with dimensions for the mendel reprapped parts.

I found the edrawings at [objects.reprap.org], but can't get the dimensions enabled. I see a tape measure on the lower right part of the window with the red circle /w line stating measure disabled.

From reading documentation from "SolidWorks eDrawings" it looks like the measure can be disabled in the drawing files.
Do I need the "eDrawing Professional" to see the dimensions?

Is there an easier way to get the dimensioned diagrams?

Dwayne
Re: edrawings dimension info
March 17, 2010 12:00PM
I discovered the same problem. I had assumed that the "measure" function was not enabled in the free version of the eDrawings viewer.

I understand that you can use Blender, which is a free 3d editing package, to load and view them but you need to add a python script called "Caliper" to get measurements. I am new to Linux and am having problems getting that script loaded properly. If you are working in Windows or are more experienced in Linux you might try going that route.
Re: edrawings dimension info
July 02, 2010 04:19PM
The 'measure' function _is_ enabled in the free eDrawings viewer. However, when someone exports an eDrawing out of Solidworks, by default the 'allow measurement' on the file save dialog is not checked (allow with the 'allow STL export' box). Whoever creates the eDrawing file has to make sure to enable these two options.

[haveblue.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login