Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-axis moves correctly, but prints come out at half height

Posted by KidAircrash 
Z-axis moves correctly, but prints come out at half height
October 04, 2014 01:13AM
Hi everyone,
I have been having trouble with my replikeo prusa i3 rework with an e3d v6 hot end. The prints have all been coming out looking really good, but at half the correct height. If i print a 20mm calibration cube it comes out 20x20x10. I've tried adjusting the steps and re-calibrating using a few different methods, but it hasn't seemed to help. I've been stuck on this for over a week and could really use some help.

Also, One of my threaded rods is a little loose, but I don't think it's slipping. I'm going to try replacing the x-end motor piece tomorrow when I have time and see if it fixes it. I've been using slicer, marlin, and pronterface.

Here are my firmware settings:

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H
#define CONFIGURATION_H

#define STRING_VERSION_CONFIG_H __DATE__ " " __TIME__ // build date and time
#define STRING_CONFIG_H_AUTHOR "(none, default config)" // Who made the changes.

#define SERIAL_PORT 0

#define BAUDRATE 250000

#ifndef MOTHERBOARD
#define MOTHERBOARD 33
#endif

#define CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME "Prusa I3 Rework"

#define EXTRUDERS 1

#define POWER_SUPPLY 1

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 5
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1

#define MAX_REDUNDANT_TEMP_SENSOR_DIFF 10

#define TEMP_RESIDENCY_TIME 10 // (seconds)
#define TEMP_HYSTERESIS 3 // (degC) range of +/- temperatures considered "close" to the target one
#define TEMP_WINDOW 1 // (degC) Window around target to start the residency timer x degC early.

#define HEATER_0_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_1_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_2_MINTEMP 5
#define BED_MINTEMP 5

#define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP 235
#define HEATER_1_MAXTEMP 275
#define HEATER_2_MAXTEMP 275
#define BED_MAXTEMP 125

#define PIDTEMP
#define BANG_MAX 255 // limits current to nozzle while in bang-bang mode; 255=full current
#define PID_MAX 255 // limits current to nozzle while PID is active (see PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE below); 255=full current
#ifdef PIDTEMP

#define PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE 10
#define PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MAX 255 //limit for the integral term
#define K1 0.95 //smoothing factor within the PID
#define PID_dT ((OVERSAMPLENR * 8.0)/(F_CPU / 64.0 / 256.0)) //sampling period of the temperature routine

#define DEFAULT_Kp 22.2
#define DEFAULT_Ki 1.08
#define DEFAULT_Kd 114

#endif // PIDTEMP

#define MAX_BED_POWER 255 // limits duty cycle to bed; 255=full current

#ifdef PIDTEMPBED
#define DEFAULT_bedKp 10.00
#define DEFAULT_bedKi .023
#define DEFAULT_bedKd 305.4

#endif // PIDTEMPBED

#define PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE
#define PREVENT_LENGTHY_EXTRUDE

#define EXTRUDE_MINTEMP 170
#define EXTRUDE_MAXLENGTH (X_MAX_LENGTH+Y_MAX_LENGTH) //prevent extrusion of very large distances.

#define THERMAL_RUNAWAY_PROTECTION_PERIOD 40 //in seconds
#define THERMAL_RUNAWAY_PROTECTION_HYSTERESIS 4 // in degree Celsius

#define THERMAL_RUNAWAY_PROTECTION_BED_PERIOD 20 //in seconds
#define THERMAL_RUNAWAY_PROTECTION_BED_HYSTERESIS 2 // in degree Celsius

#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#ifndef ENDSTOPPULLUPS

#endif

#ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

#if defined(COREXY) && !defined(DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS)
#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
#endif

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders

// Disables axis when it's not being used.
#define DISABLE_X false
#define DISABLE_Y false
#define DISABLE_Z false
#define DISABLE_E false // For all extruders
#define DISABLE_INACTIVE_EXTRUDER true //disable only inactive extruders and keep active extruder enabled

#define INVERT_X_DIR false // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

#define min_software_endstops true // If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops true // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

// Travel limits after homing
#define X_MAX_POS 200
#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MAX_POS 200
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MAX_POS 185
#define Z_MIN_POS 0

#define X_MAX_LENGTH (X_MAX_POS - X_MIN_POS)
#define Y_MAX_LENGTH (Y_MAX_POS - Y_MIN_POS)
#define Z_MAX_LENGTH (Z_MAX_POS - Z_MIN_POS)

#define Z_PROBE_REPEATABILITY_TEST // If not commented out, Z-Probe Repeatability test will be included if Auto Bed Leveling is Enabled.

#ifdef ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING

#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

#ifdef AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 15
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 170
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 180
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 20

#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 2

#else // not AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID
// with no grid, just probe 3 arbitrary points. A simple cross-product
// is used to esimate the plane of the print bed

#define ABL_PROBE_PT_1_X 15
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_1_Y 180
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_2_X 15
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_2_Y 20
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_3_X 170
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_3_Y 20

#endif // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -25
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -29
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -12.35

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 4 // (in mm) Raise Z before homing (G28) for Probe Clearance.
// Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case

#define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 8000 // X and Y axis travel speed between probes, in mm/min

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 15 //How much the extruder will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
#define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 5 //How much the extruder will be raised when traveling from between next probing points

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING

#ifdef Z_SAFE_HOMING

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT (X_MAX_LENGTH/2) // X point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28)
#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT (Y_MAX_LENGTH/2) // Y point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28)

#endif

#endif // ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING

#define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 0
#define MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS 0
#define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 0

#define NUM_AXIS 4 // The axis order in all axis related arrays is X, Y, Z, E
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 2.5*60, 0} // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

// default settings

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80, 4000, 780.105239} // default steps per unit
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 1, 45} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {9000,9000,70,300} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 300 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK 2.0 // (mm/sec)

#define CUSTOM_M_CODES
#ifdef CUSTOM_M_CODES
#define CUSTOM_M_CODE_SET_Z_PROBE_OFFSET 851
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MIN -15
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MAX -5
#endif

#define EEPROM_SETTINGS

#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

#define PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 180
#define PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 70
#define PLA_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 255 // Insert Value between 0 and 255

#define ABS_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 240
#define ABS_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 100
#define ABS_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 255 // Insert Value between 0 and 255

#if defined (MAKRPANEL)
#define DOGLCD
#define SDSUPPORT
#define ULTIPANEL
#define NEWPANEL
#define DEFAULT_LCD_CONTRAST 17
#endif

#if defined (REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER)
#define DOGLCD
#define U8GLIB_ST7920
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER
#endif

#if defined(ULTIMAKERCONTROLLER) || defined(REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER) || defined(G3D_PANEL)
#define ULTIPANEL
#define NEWPANEL
#endif

#if defined(REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD)
#define NEWPANEL
#define ULTIPANEL
#endif
#if defined(RA_CONTROL_PANEL)
#define ULTIPANEL
#define NEWPANEL
#define LCD_I2C_TYPE_PCA8574
#define LCD_I2C_ADDRESS 0x27 // I2C Address of the port expander
#endif

#ifdef LCD_I2C_SAINSMART_YWROBOT

#define LCD_I2C_TYPE_PCF8575
#define LCD_I2C_ADDRESS 0x27 // I2C Address of the port expander
#define NEWPANEL
#define ULTIPANEL
#endif

#ifdef LCD_I2C_PANELOLU2

#define LCD_I2C_TYPE_MCP23017
#define LCD_I2C_ADDRESS 0x20 // I2C Address of the port expander
#define LCD_USE_I2C_BUZZER //comment out to disable buzzer on LCD
#define NEWPANEL
#define ULTIPANEL

#ifndef ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP
#define ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP 4
#endif

#ifndef ENCODER_STEPS_PER_MENU_ITEM
#define ENCODER_STEPS_PER_MENU_ITEM 1
#endif

#ifdef LCD_USE_I2C_BUZZER
#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_HZ 1000
#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_DURATION_MS 100
#endif

#endif

#ifdef LCD_I2C_VIKI

#define LCD_I2C_TYPE_MCP23017
#define LCD_I2C_ADDRESS 0x20 // I2C Address of the port expander
#define LCD_USE_I2C_BUZZER //comment out to disable buzzer on LCD (requires LiquidTWI2 v1.2.3 or later)
#define NEWPANEL
#define ULTIPANEL
#endif

#ifdef SR_LCD
#define SR_LCD_2W_NL
#endif

#ifdef ULTIPANEL
#define SDSUPPORT
#define ULTRA_LCD
#ifdef DOGLCD // Change number of lines to match the DOG graphic display
#define LCD_WIDTH 20
#define LCD_HEIGHT 5
#else
#define LCD_WIDTH 20
#define LCD_HEIGHT 4
#endif
#else //no panel but just LCD
#ifdef ULTRA_LCD
#ifdef DOGLCD // Change number of lines to match the 128x64 graphics display
#define LCD_WIDTH 20
#define LCD_HEIGHT 5
#else
#define LCD_WIDTH 16
#define LCD_HEIGHT 2
#endif
#endif
#endif

#ifdef DOGLCD
# ifndef DEFAULT_LCD_CONTRAST
# define DEFAULT_LCD_CONTRAST 32
# endif
#endif

#define SOFT_PWM_SCALE 0

#include "Configuration_adv.h"
#include "thermistortables.h"

#endif //__CONFIGURATION_H

my slicer settings are:
Layer height : .32mm
Speed: 30 mm/s
Infill: 25mm/s
Travel: 120mm/s

filament
1.75mm
extrusion multiplier : 1

extruder temp: 180
bed temp: 60

nozzle diameter: 0.4mm

retraction length : 1
lift z: 0 mm

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 01:14AM by KidAircrash.
Re: Z-axis moves correctly, but prints come out at half height
October 04, 2014 05:21AM
If You have DRV8825 s and Z jumpered 1/32 steps?

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
October 04, 2014 09:33AM
Try the following:

1. Place the nozzle just touching the bed. Send G91 to put the printer into relative positioning mode. Send G1 Z10 and measure how far the Z axis rises. It should be 10mm.

2. Place the nozzle just touching the bed. Send G91 to put the printer into relative positioning mode. Send G1 Z0.33 to the printer 30 times and measure how far the Z axis rises, It should also be 10mm.

Instead of sending G1 Z3.33 to the printer manually 60 times, you could put G1 Z0.33 and G4 0.1 commands alternately in a file, with 30 of each, and 'print' that file. Don't just put 30 of the G1 Z0.33 commands in a file with no intervening G4 commands, because the lookahead code may cause them to be merged into a single movement.

If (1) doesn't give you a 10mm rise in Z, then your Z axis is not calibrated properly, or you have a serious issue with missing steps.

If (1) gives you 10mm but (2) does not, then try reducing the maximum Z speed, the Z acceleration, or the Z jerk amount; or increase the Z stepper motor current.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 09:33AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 04, 2014 10:50AM
Another possibility is you have 4000 steps per mm for the Z axis, yet you have your layer height set at 0.32mm. Those numbers might not be playing nicely with each other.

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
October 04, 2014 12:26PM
If it moves correctly using the manual buttons, but doesn't print properly, check your max z speed in your firmware. If this is set too high, the stepper might not be able to keep up with what the arduino/RAMPS is asking it to do.
October 04, 2014 04:33PM
dc42
Try the following:

1. Place the nozzle just touching the bed. Send G91 to put the printer into relative positioning mode. Send G1 Z10 and measure how far the Z axis rises. It should be 10mm.

2. Place the nozzle just touching the bed. Send G91 to put the printer into relative positioning mode. Send G1 Z0.33 to the printer 30 times and measure how far the Z axis rises, It should also be 10mm.

Instead of sending G1 Z3.33 to the printer manually 60 times, you could put G1 Z0.33 and G4 0.1 commands alternately in a file, with 30 of each, and 'print' that file. Don't just put 30 of the G1 Z0.33 commands in a file with no intervening G4 commands, because the lookahead code may cause them to be merged into a single movement.

If (1) doesn't give you a 10mm rise in Z, then your Z axis is not calibrated properly, or you have a serious issue with missing steps.

If (1) gives you 10mm but (2) does not, then try reducing the maximum Z speed, the Z acceleration, or the Z jerk amount; or increase the Z stepper motor current.

(1) measures 10mm

I tried (2) by sending G1 Z0.33 to the printer 30 times. It was 10 mm
October 04, 2014 04:37PM
jbernardis
If it moves correctly using the manual buttons, but doesn't print properly, check your max z speed in your firmware. If this is set too high, the stepper might not be able to keep up with what the arduino/RAMPS is asking it to do.

I read that that could be the problem somewhere else on the internet. They suggested to try to lower the max feedrate to 1

This is what I have in my firmware

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 1, 45}
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {9000,9000,70,300}

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 3000
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 300

These settings print out at half height for me. Do you recommend changing any of these settings or something else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 04:38PM by KidAircrash.
October 04, 2014 04:40PM
AbuMaia
Another possibility is you have 4000 steps per mm for the Z axis, yet you have your layer height set at 0.32mm. Those numbers might not be playing nicely with each other.

What would you recommend I change to? I'm using an e3d v6 hot end similar to you. What are your firmware/slicer settings?
October 04, 2014 04:40PM
Plasteroid
If You have DRV8825 s and Z jumpered 1/32 steps?

I'm not sure what this means or what you recommend I do.
October 04, 2014 04:41PM
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions so far. I appreciate it!
October 04, 2014 06:14PM
KidAircrash
dc42
Try the following:

(1) measures 10mm

So it sounds that your Z axis is indeed moving correctly, in layer-size steps as well as large ones. Are you certain that the prints are being completed, rather than stopping when they get to 10mm? You could try printing a cone or pyramid instead of a cube, to check this.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 04, 2014 06:51PM
dc42
KidAircrash
dc42
Try the following:

(1) measures 10mm

So it sounds that your Z axis is indeed moving correctly, in layer-size steps as well as large ones. Are you certain that the prints are being completed, rather than stopping when they get to 10mm? You could try printing a cone or pyramid instead of a cube, to check this.

I'm certain that the prints are being completed. I've printed a few other things and they've look correct, but just not the right height.
October 04, 2014 09:00PM
KidAircrash
AbuMaia

What would you recommend I change to? I'm using an e3d v6 hot end similar to you. What are your firmware/slicer settings?

I have a 0.4mm nozzle on my e3d, so I have 0.2mm layers set in slic3r. My firmware settings are

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,4000,900}  // default steps per unit for ultimaker {78.7402,78.7402,200*8/3,760*1.1}920
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {250, 250, 2, 22}    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      {1000,1000,5,1000}    // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          500    // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  500   // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
October 05, 2014 04:31AM
I have layer height 0.35 with 0.4 nozzle. When you measured 10mm movements did you just look m114 command or measured it in a real world with some tool?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2014 04:43AM by Plasteroid.

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
October 05, 2014 02:17PM
Plasteroid
I have layer height 0.35 with 0.4 nozzle. When you measured 10mm movements did you just look m114 command or measured it in a real world with some tool?

I've been using calipers and a ruler
October 05, 2014 02:18PM
AbuMaia
KidAircrash
AbuMaia

I have a 0.4mm nozzle on my e3d, so I have 0.2mm layers set in slic3r. My firmware settings are

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,4000,900}  // default steps per unit for ultimaker {78.7402,78.7402,200*8/3,760*1.1}920
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {250, 250, 2, 22}    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      {1000,1000,5,1000}    // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          500    // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  500   // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

I tried using your firmware settings and .2mm layers in slicer and still got a print that was half height.
October 05, 2014 02:20PM
I replaced the x end motor piece and now the threaded rod isn't as loose, but my prints are still half height sad smiley
October 06, 2014 09:44AM
Change your max acceleration from 70 to 5.

confused smiley NEVER MIND - you apparently just tried that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2014 09:44AM by rhmorrison.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
October 06, 2014 09:53AM
According to the RepRap Firmware page for Marlin it supports EEPROM storage of e.g. max-velocity, max-acceleration, and similar variables.
If this has been activated then no matter what you set in the firmware it will have no effect!
Deactivate the EEPROM and then use Max Z as 1, Max Z acceleration as 5, compile, upload and do a test print.

// EEPROM
// The microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
// M500 - stores parameters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
//define this to enable EEPROM support
//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
//to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
// please keep turned on if you can.
//#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2014 10:15AM by rhmorrison.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
October 07, 2014 12:21AM
Thanks for the reply. I tried commenting // out the eeprom lines in configuration.h and reuploading, but my test print still came out at half height. Is there another way to disable the eeprom that I am missing?
October 07, 2014 12:52AM
I figured it out. The test calibration cube I had been printing most of the time wasn't a cube.. sad smiley

I'm really sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Thanks for the help!
October 08, 2014 08:23AM
That's why it was suggested to try out a different object like a pyramid.

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
October 08, 2014 09:53PM
AbuMaia
That's why it was suggested to try out a different object like a pyramid.
\

Yeah, I should have. Sorry!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login