Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot End Thermistor Stops at a Certain Temp

Posted by domtropen 
Hot End Thermistor Stops at a Certain Temp
October 11, 2014 12:25AM
Hey Guys,
So I 'm building a RepRap Prusa I2, Now everything has been assembled, but when I heat up my hot end its max temp reading is 160. It obviously gets hotter since the PLA begins to emit fumes. and the ABS Parts really feel the heat and get warped (which is really bad). Any Ideas? I'm currently using Sprinter and Pronterface software.
Re: Hot End Thermistor Stops at a Certain Temp
October 11, 2014 03:00PM
I'm having the same problem. I'm going to check the termister in the hot ent. It might not be seated correctly, worth a look.
October 11, 2014 03:47PM
You might want to check your thermistor table against the thermistor that you are actually using. It's a setting that most of the firmwares will need. Asumming you have one of the mainstream thermistors, you can find more information about it here:

[reprap.org]

Also, you'll want to read the sprinter README.MD file for information on how to set the correct table:

[github.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2014 03:51PM by silpstream.
October 11, 2014 10:29PM
Actually, it was unti very recently, it tops off at 160 each time but at that point it would boild the plastic PLA. I'm using the Them #5 as this was the default one, I check to see if there was a short of any kind, none so far.... But I I used my ohmeter to measure the resistance at room temp... at toom temp it was 99.7 on the 200 k
October 12, 2014 02:42AM
When you say until recently, you mean that it was working correctly before? If so, take take both your heatbed and hotend thermistors and connect them to the hotend just to run a temperature measurement comparison. I am assuming that they are both the same type of thermistor and are using the same thermistor table, if not don't bother to do this. If your multimeter can take temp readings also, add it to the temp comparison.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login