Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with prusa i3 build

Posted by mrtwilight 
help with prusa i3 build
November 16, 2014 04:15PM
hi does anyone live in the buckinghamshire area that could come around and help me with finalising my prusa i3 build i am happy to pay for your time

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2014 04:16PM by mrtwilight.
Re: help with prusa i3 build
November 17, 2014 01:01AM
Post your problems and question here on the forum, there is a lot off people out here who want to help you.
December 09, 2014 09:04PM
go to bq site (spain)
search for prusa i3
get all the instruction manuals, they are devided by steps and in english and very explicit.
you got there everything to construct your prusa i3
for the heat bed you will have in this forum all the help you need. i'm in portugal so i can't help you in person. i would if i could and for free.
December 16, 2014 04:53PM
Hello I am also new to 3d printers but I have some experience in electronics, and I started to build a printer after prusa i3 build manual. I have the first biggest issue: I want to wire the end-stops for Prusa I3 rework and I don't know the schematic for that I just sow that 3 wires are connected => important to connect in right order. the switch has one pin common one normally closed and one normally opened. I don't know the order.
And another question I want to use stepper motors from old saved from old printers and the wiring of the motors with 6 pin stepers (unipolar steppers) but if I use them like: coil-end coil-end it is an bipolar stepper, it is OK?
Thank You!
Attachments:
open | download - endstop.jpg (12.5 KB)
open | download - ramps.jpg (143.2 KB)
open | download - Microswitch.jpg (265.3 KB)
open | download - coils.jpg (5.5 KB)
December 17, 2014 03:56AM
Hi, are these the endstops you have?
If so, you can leave one GND wire disconnected. Vcc goes to "+" on the board, GND to "-" and S to "s"
Attachments:
open | download - 4.jpg (67.9 KB)
December 17, 2014 11:52AM
Hi, these is my endstop (microswitch) please tell me witch pin goes from the microsw to the ramps board . which number for color?
Thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - ramps.jpg (143.2 KB)
open | download - rsz_img_0410.jpg (590.5 KB)
December 17, 2014 12:16PM
1 & 2 connect to the "-" and "S" pins
December 17, 2014 03:08PM
Here is the full answer! Thank A LOT!
Attachments:
open | download - endstop schematic.jpg (38.3 KB)
December 17, 2014 05:13PM
can you please show a picture of it once you have it wired? I have a faulty end stop that I am replacing and want to do the same thing as you
December 17, 2014 11:18PM
I am new to this forum and the printing world. I just bought a pursa i3 kit and have it all assembled and all my axis home and work except for my extruder. I know my stepper motor works because I have unplugged my x axis control and used it on extruder and it worked just fine. I have heated the hot end and bed to temperature and still no luck. I have also gone in and switched around the pins in the software with no avail.

I have a mega r3 2560 with ramps 1.4 using Marlin software and pronterface for my control.

Can anyone help me?
December 18, 2014 04:26AM
Try swapping the motor drivers to see if the driver is broken.
December 18, 2014 11:38AM
I want to make that schematic for Debouncing the microswitch , i will post it once is ready, now i am planing ho to place the PCB board. if you simple want to wire the microswitch just wire it like (color matching the ramps pic if it doesent written on your ramp PCcool smiley
December 18, 2014 12:03PM
Can anyone tell me after I upload the Marlin firmweare on to the arduino i Can acces it from Pronterface or I need to something else. thanks!
December 18, 2014 12:11PM
I think on Windows you need USB drivers
[arduino.cc]

Linux should work directly, make sure you set the baudrate the same as in the firmware
December 18, 2014 12:26PM
The power source for the ramps connetcor is both with 12V ?
December 18, 2014 01:23PM
I don't own an RAMPS. Perhaps google the schematics ;-)
December 18, 2014 02:08PM
Tornado99
The power source for the ramps connetcor is both with 12V ?

Yes, both are 12V - the removable green plugs.

Steve

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
December 21, 2014 03:46AM
Thank You! I am progressing slowly but steady.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login