Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with my new Prusa i3 sad smiley

Posted by filiptheking 
Problems with my new Prusa i3 sad smiley
December 29, 2014 01:04PM
Hello!

I just finished the assembly of my aworldnet a602 prusa reprap i3. Now I have connected it to the computer, but there are some problems:

1. There is no 12 V power in the circuit board for the hot bed and for the extruder, but there is 12 V for the fan, I've measured with a voltmeter. I think there may be something wrong with the circuit board.
I've tried to klick on the symbol for the hot bed in repetier host, it says that the hot bed is heating, but it's not. When I try the same thing with the extruder symbol, the extruder turns on and then off almost immediately. The termometer for the hot bd shows room temperature, but the termometer for the extruder shows 0 degrees.

2. When I try the engines in repetier host, they only move when I click on the "home buttons" for X, Y or Z. When I do that they go all the way to the limit switch, and then stops. If I click on the arrows for X, Y or Z i repetier host, nothing happens.

What should I do?
Re: Problems with my new Prusa i3 sad smiley
December 30, 2014 11:06AM
1: you just messed up the wiring. When ill get home ill send you a picture.

2: no clue, but first lets make sure the wires are all right.
December 30, 2014 01:15PM
The problem was that the thermistor didnt work, so i changed it! Problem number two also got solved because of this, which is strange.

Now I have started printing a little, the filament wont stick to the hot bed.. If you have any tips to get that working it would be helpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 01:16PM by filiptheking.
December 30, 2014 04:01PM
filiptheking
The problem was that the thermistor didnt work, so i changed it! Problem number two also got solved because of this, which is strange.

Now I have started printing a little, the filament wont stick to the hot bed.. If you have any tips to get that working it would be helpful.

What type of filament?
What are you using now? I assume you have a sheet of glass on the hotbed?
What temp is the hotbed?

Steve

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
December 31, 2014 10:54AM
If you make sure that the wires are connected with no problem.
It seems the problem of firmware. You need set a lot.
I can send you our firmware,If you want.

Everything of 3D printer. www.3dminions.com
[www.facebook.com]
January 01, 2015 10:52AM
Filament: 1.75 mm PLA
The problem occurs for example when I try to print the goat that I attached to this post, the support under the head wont stick to the glass plate. The hot bed is 65 degress celsius.

One more thing that I've been wondering about is if you are supposed to remove the first layer after the print is done... because I printed a thing that to measure the tolerances. The thing looked like a wedding cake. The first level had a diameter of 20 and a hight of 10 mm, the next level hade a diameter 15 and hight of 10, the top level hade a diamter of 10 and a height of 10. All of the levels had a height very close to 10 mm except the first, that is why I think the first layer should be removed... Am i right?

If I go to preview/G-code Editor/Visualization in Repetier Host, is says First layer: 1 and Last Layer: 1, what does that mean?

Btw. How to I edit the firmware? If the pieces are to long in some direction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2015 10:53AM by filiptheking.
January 04, 2015 01:05PM
If your home Z is a little off you will measure a different value. So it depends, how much was the cake off? Also if the home Z is to high the print wont stick very well.

I also had problems getting it to stick. I thinks its your temp. When the contact between the glass and the heatbed isnt very well the glass wont heat up. You can buy a infared thermometer for a few bucks at eBay. For example: my heatbed is set to 85 but the glass will only be 65.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 01:06PM by navyblueboss.
January 05, 2015 01:45PM
first level in the cake was 11 mm, supposed to be 10. level two: 10 mm and level 3: 10 mm.

the first layer is pretty easy to peel of.. are you supposed to do that? Because when I remove it, there is the right heights.
January 05, 2015 04:18PM
Your not supposed to peel off the first layer.
Check the distance between your hotend and your heatbed with a piece of paper.
Also check the setting of the first layer thickness in your slicer program.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 04:19PM by gforce1.
January 05, 2015 06:37PM
I've checked it with a paper, it's good. The thickness of the first layer i 0.4!
January 05, 2015 07:11PM
This is what the first layer looks like now!
Attachments:
open | download - 10420121_10152795483319425_1448280893947192016_n.jpg (46 KB)
January 15, 2015 05:01PM
How did you get on with this problem?
Did you find a solution?

Looks to me like the first layer and second layer are not stuck together, maybe reduce the first layer height and it might squash the 2 layers together more.

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2015 05:03PM by davy999.
January 17, 2015 08:39AM
Hello!

Yes, I think I solved it. I reduced the height of the first layer, now it's alright. But today I got an other problem.

Suddenly there is some serious warping going on. What could be the cause? I'm using PLA.
Coud it be a cold spot on the head bed or something? Please check to picture!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2015 08:41AM by filiptheking.
Attachments:
open | download - 10157370_10152818564039425_4120493368843278701_n.jpg (52.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login