Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Build my Prusa i3 not working, very first 3d printer(excited to have it run)

Posted by bigbear 
Build my Prusa i3 not working, very first 3d printer(excited to have it run)
January 01, 2015 01:55AM
Hello all,
I recently just purchased my first 3d printer. I bought a Prusa i3 newest model here is the link -> [www.ebay.com]
It is this model
“LCD Screen Aurora Partilhada Model DIY Reprap Prusa I3 High Accuracy 3D printer”
I put everything together by watching the movie and looking at the wire diagram, I followed the movie and the wire setup. Everything is hooked up correctly. When I power on my 3d printer it turns on but when I try to do a test print it says it doesn’t say its preheating and only gets up to 21 degrees the bed and extruder I believe. But it is always at these temps it doesn’t start at 0 and work its way up.
So I am having issues getting the printer to run now.
I installed the filament as it showed but I cannot print anything to test and make sure it works.
What should I do?
I would love to print anything like a test piece just so I know my printer is working! Then I can continue to learn 3d Modeling and make anything that I can think of.

Thank you,
~Bigbear~
Re: Build my Prusa i3 not working, very first 3d printer(excited to have it run)
January 02, 2015 06:51AM
Triple check your wires. 21 Celsius is your room temp. so something is working. You should connect to a PC so you can test better with Pronterface for example. Test switches with G commands on Pronterface etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 06:52AM by Plasteroid.

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
Re: Build my Prusa i3 not working, very first 3d printer(excited to have it run)
January 04, 2015 03:39AM
It seems the problem of board. Does it connect to your PC? The PC should show your a new com(port) with usb wire.Then, if not, you should check the wires connection and the firmware is suitable with your board. Just try to connect the seller and ask for a circuit photo. Take some photoes to the seller.

Everything of 3D printer. www.3dminions.com
[www.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login