Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3V and Ninja Flex

Posted by davidbrownds 
Prusa i3V and Ninja Flex
January 15, 2015 04:05PM
I have a Prusa i3v.

I have tried to print 1.75 Ninja flex and it isnt feeding correctly. I saw on thingiverse that there was a extruder block for 3mm that someone created. Dose anyone have the Greg's wade extruder that has been modified to work with 1.75mm Ninja flex?

Thank You,

Dave
Re: Prusa i3V and Ninja Flex
January 15, 2015 05:18PM
I've done one that works nicely with an E3D hotend. What hotend do you have?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
January 15, 2015 05:42PM
I have the Hexagon 1.75.
January 16, 2015 06:05AM
E3D is best

reprappro medel hotend kind of works for bowden on retract smaller 1mm
January 16, 2015 09:02AM
Will ninja flex feed thru the bowden setup?

But I am still looking to see if I can get the Greg's wade extruder block.

This one was created for 3mm but I have a 1.75mm printer

[www.thingiverse.com]

Dave
January 16, 2015 10:44AM
If you have the block, do you have also the correct size hobbed bolt etc. Perhaps you can use 3mm block and make adjustment in printing soft to 1.75mm filament size. Or you can just make the hole smaller in some CAD? Just tighten the springs then...

Here is the 1.75mm Wader: [www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2015 10:46AM by Plasteroid.

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
January 21, 2015 12:09PM
I have the complete set up using Greg's wade extruder and 1.75 hexagon HotEnd on my Prusa i3v 8".

What I was looking for is if someone had changed the Greg's wade extruder to work with 1.75 ninja flex like this one which is for 3mm.

[www.thingiverse.com]

There isn't a CAD file in the post that can be changed and I have tried but have no idea how to change the STL file.

Thank You,

Dave
January 21, 2015 08:34PM
Here you go.

[www.thingiverse.com]

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
January 22, 2015 10:14AM
3dkarma,

are you using this setup on your printer? Do you have a Hexagon head? I see above you mentioned you have E3D

Dave
January 22, 2015 03:49PM
davidbrownds
3dkarma,

are you using this setup on your printer? Do you have a Hexagon head? I see above you mentioned you have E3D

Dave

I'm using it successfully on an i3 with and E3D v6.

Edit: I had to up my extrusion multiplier to 1.6 to get the filament to feed properly, as it compresses as it goes over the hobbed bolt. You will need to play with this setting as your guidler tension will be different to mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2015 03:52PM by 3dkarma.

January 28, 2015 01:45AM
I did my first succesful print in Ninja Flex yesterday.
Im using a Prusa i3 rework with a Wades extruder and 1.75 mm E3D and 0.4 nozzle.
At first i thought my extruder had a hard time pulling the fillament to the nozzle so i switched the teflon tube in the E3D and i also extended it al the way up to the hobbed bolt for less friktion in the extruder.
Then i Heated the hot end to 240°c and it started to print nicely. But after a while it clodge. And the print needed to reset.
After some trial and errors i found out this.

1. Do not tighten the hobbed bolt to hard, it will feed the hot end with to much if it start to clodge.
2. Teflon tube from hotend to the hobbed bolt works much better then to only have it in the E3D
3. I feel most comfirtable printing in 235 °c
4. Print speed of 20mm/s
5. Extruder multiplyer at 1.4
6. First layer hight 0.32 and the rest at 0.2
7. Bed temp 0
8. Cleaning tube before extruder helps keep the filament dust free. (important with ninja flex.)
9. Fan OFF and start at parameters below 10 secounds.
10. A separate nozzle for only ninja flex makes sure you dont have old fillaments in the nozzle.
11. Fillament retraction 0
12. Z lift 0

This setting worked for me. Maby it will help someone atleast get some ninja prints out of there printer to smiling smiley
Good Luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login