Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Serial Port Hang when send g-code from Pronterface and Reptier Host

Posted by chenjennhaur 
Serial Port Hang when send g-code from Pronterface and Reptier Host
January 20, 2015 03:12AM
I am using Arduino with RAMPS board for my Prusa 3D Printer. I used windows 7 professional as my OS and I managed to upload the Marlin v6 firmware to the arduino board. Following which, I connected only the power source, X and Y motor to the RAMPS. I tried both the Repetier Host 1.06 and Pronterface to move the Y-axis and X-axis by 1mm just to test the connection. I was able to send the first 2 command successfully but after that, the software stop to respond to any commands to move the X or Y-axis. The number of commands waiting also start to pile up. When I restart the software, and replugin the USB port, Windows gave me this error : "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message". I will need to restart the computer in order for windows to recognize the connection again.

I tried using putty to send g-code and the same thing happens. After typing the 3rd g-code command, an error "Error writing to serial port" pops up. I am suspecting that there is a buffer overflow or somehow the connection is working poorly. It used to work properly before but recently it suddenly started to behave in this manner. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this ?
Re: Serial Port Hang when send g-code from Pronterface and Reptier Host
January 20, 2015 04:18AM
problem
chenjennhaur
Windows gave me this error : "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message"
fix: restart your usbport. either by skript o by ataching and detaching a standart device(like your mouse). spezial for ramps/pronterface: 1.plug off usb. 2.disconnect pronterface 3. poweroff printer 4. plugin usb 5. connect.6 power on

the Marlin v6 firmware? canyou provide a link pls

have you tried something esay with the arduino? like the blink demo? just to get shure ist not the hardware
Re: Serial Port Hang when send g-code from Pronterface and Reptier Host
January 20, 2015 09:52AM
Thanks for the advise! Following your sequence of unplugging helped to reduce the USB port error. However, I still have the problem of command delay. i.e. it takes maybe 3-5 seconds after i press the manual control on the pronterface before the y/x-axis actually move.

I have uploaded the blink demo to the arduino and it worked properly
This is the link of the marlin firmware that I am using : [drive.google.com]

Could this problem due to poor wire connections or insufficient power ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login